D5 Championships

PIAA- Track and Field
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: D5 Championships

Post by Head Roadie »

There is a new proposal that is moving through the various stages of voting right now that would cut coop enrollments counted from the sending school to 50% instead of the full enrollment. This legislation emulated from District 5 and Chairman Virgil Palumbo.

Some other random comments as we approach districts.....According to Everett's coach, their 4 x 1 did beat Berlin last week....Is Sayler running the 200 at districts? He did not run particularly well in that event at West Central Coaches, could he be gearing up for the 4 x 4 where Berlin is second seeded to Bedford? Berlin will win the boys title going away, they are loaded and nearly won it last year when they were not as experienced and lacked the depth of this years squad.....Girls race will be interesting....Everett, Bedford, NBC and Windber all under the right circumstances could win it... Will the weather hold up or will the meet need to be moved to Friday or Saturday? Where will the surprises and upsets occur? There will, as always, be a few.
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sppawfan »

Maybe alex will will run the 200 because he has been beating sayler and sayler had his ankle wrapped up at the west pac championship where will beat him at the finish! These berlin kids said it was a misprint that berlin won the 4x1 at everett with a 44.8! I think that would be a good rule because kids just don't like going to another school to play a sport! You only get a few and most don't crack the starting line-up!
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

No one knows what Berlin will do that is the best part about it. Don't worry about Sayler and the 200. He will be fine.
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sppawfan »

I hope the best for berlin and sayler and he is a great athlete and I hope he is healthy going into districts so he finishes his senior year out strong and makes it to states! I am not cutting any teams or players down, I was just going by the paper and I do know they make mistakes sometimes! I hope everyone does their best and I would like to see berlin whip some of these big schools in the districts and have a smaller school pull off the upset of the ridge and bedfords! And I could care less what berlins strategy is because they should win districts easily this year and if they don't I consider it a choke because they definitely have the best overall team this year! Now next year will be a long year for them! they do have good senior leadership and talent! Good luck to them!
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

If the T-Storms stay away they could get it in. As soon as I hear anything I will post.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Postponed until Friday. 4:30 PM start time on Friday. District 9-AA is also ppd. till Friday.
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sppawfan »

I guess the d-5 meet is still on! Saturday would have been the day to have it and a 4:30 start is pushing it, and I know they have lights and all, but saturday at 12:00 would have been nicer weather and a earlier start! Some of these kids won't get home until 1am after this long meet! Too late of a start!
Sideling Hill Fan
Junior
Junior

Post by Sideling Hill Fan »

I think last event is scheduled for 9:15 is what I was told. That's not bad at all, don't football games on friday nights go that long? And I don't think anyone's traveling more than an hour and a half. I know Saturday would have caused more scheduling complications for kids down this way and I like the idea of the cooler evening conditions especially for the distance runners as opposed to the heat and humidity of midday. If the rain stays away it will be the right decision.

I know Snider from nbc is the prohibitive favorite in the distance races but I'm anxious to see if the Hollenshead ladies can stay close and qualify. If Jeb Williams is healthy there could be some interesting relays and a 200 with Sayler (who is not nearly as good as he is at 100) and Barnes.

berlin's boys and it's anybody's guess in girls for team titles.
bbsocceralumni
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bbsocceralumni »

Berlin boys and Bedford girls win the D5 championship. Ian Sayler was a quadruple winner. Maria Snyder broke two records in the distance races.
sppawfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sppawfan »

Congrats to all athletes and the winning teams! Is sayler going to do all 4 events at states also. Do you think he has a chance to place in any of the events? Good luck to him and all other first place finishers and it is nice to have a smaller west pac school win it for once instead of the bedfords and the ridges! I saw will won 1st in the 4x1 relay, 100 hurdles, and took 2nd in the high jump! Did he place in his other event! In the hurdles it looked like he hit his hurdle into magruders lane and wiped him out! It was good to see him get up and be alright! Their were some really close finishes! Good races!