CT Track

PIAA- Track and Field
CTtrackster
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

CT Track

Post by CTtrackster »

Help us. Its going to be a rough season.
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

Ok but the big question is has CT gotten a new track?? Couple years ago you had to run across the track to high jump. Was a classic place. NEW track there??
Quick13Lefty
Senior
Senior

Post by Quick13Lefty »

....i thought our track sucked :shock:
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by brlnsoccerchick19 »

There was talk in CT of them completely renovating their soccerfields and football stadium and putting in a track there. I don't think they were going to spring for an all-weather track because of some limited resources, but were going to get an asphalt one instead. I haven't heard anything about them getting anywhere with this project, though.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

where is the current track? ive been to the football and soccer field many times and have never seen it

and a renovation on the athletic fields would be quite nice, the football field is almost as muddy as Forest Hills, and the bleachers are unproportional and unsafe. the soccer field is flat out horrible as well, especially the swamp by the old baseball field
STRAIGHT
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Should my memory serve me, the track was just a cinder thing around the football field. Definately nothing to brag about, but then again we at Berlin don't even have a track, so anything is an improvement for us. And that soccer field is definately horrible. Its short and when its really dry there's no grass and when its really wet the fact there's no grass rears its ugly head again because the field turns into a mud pit.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

thats their track??? i thought that was there for the football players so they dont have to stand in the mud!!! haha, wow, that is pretty pitiful then
STRAIGHT
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

You should see Rockwood's track. Its pretty bad, too. It only has 4 lanes and is the slowest thing I've EVER run on. Even Meyersdale's old asphalt one was faster.
CTtrackster
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

track

Post by CTtrackster »

Im a senior at CT, and they were planning on doing the track/football field/soccer field stuff the over my Junior year, but it never got done cause they didnt get the right people, too much money or something dumb like that. Now they are going to do it so it is done for next year. Right now our track still sucks..we moved the high jump pit into the grass, so you dont have to run accross the track, its still gravel. We dont have any home meets this year so no one has to use it. Im not sure about whats going into the new field. I know it is new bleachers and grass for the field. Im 75% sure that were getting a all weather track also.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

did ct have home meets on the gravel track? i thought those were outlawed by PIAA? i have yet to figure that school out at all...they are one of the few in the area that dont seem to care one bit about athletics, them and westmont, probably the 2 best all around sport schools in D5 and D6 have some of the worst fields and stadiums. it truely baffles me, but i do hope they at least get a new track, its almost impossible to be competitive without having a decent training ground
STRAIGHT