CT Track

PIAA- Track and Field
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by brlnsoccerchick19 »

I'm not sure about them being outlawed by the PIAA. In the past two seasons, I've had two meets on cinder tracks: One my first year at Shade before they went to an asphalt one and last year against Rockwood. The PIAA should outlaw those things if for no more reason than because they SUCK.
CTtrackster
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CTtrackster »

We dont have any home meets this year, or last year. They planed on remodeling the stadium last year, but it fell through, this year they are going to do it. Ya, we ran on gravel...big rocks
Argg, Pirates.

abee

[marq=left]IUP Marching Band[/marq]
once a runner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by once a runner »

The PIAA never outlawed cinder/gravel/dirt tracks. There are so few schools in the state left that do not have all weather tracks, it's not worth their time to think about it.

You DO NOT need good facilities to be competitive in track and field. What you need are good athletes. The only event that would be difficult to be competitive in would be the pole vault. A good athlete with lousy facilities will beat a mediocre athlete with great facilities any day of the week. I've seen many excellent track athletes who came from schools with poor facilities.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

a good athelete with bad facilities will beat a mediocre athlete with good facilities anyday...but to be competitive for districts and states, they need a place to train. before bedford got its new track they took all the state qualifiers out to chestnut ridge to practice on that track and the boys did better than expected.
STRAIGHT
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Take a look at Berlin. We have NO facilities and have had several District 5 Champions within the past two years. Thor Maast in the high jump and Dan Gardner in the 100, 200, and 400 in 02 and Ashley Hartman in the 100 and 200, Denise Kennedy in the Discus, and the 4x100 relay last year. All we have is a parking lot and some handmedown high jump mats. If having good facilities makes a good team and good athletes, then our parking lot is the best track ever! lol
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

u guys are reading too much into what im saying, im just saying that GENERALLY, better practice conditions will lead to better performances, think about it, u dont see pro teams in any sport practicing on parkinglots or using crap equipment. there are alot of kids that have a natural ability that can take them a far in high school, but those same kids could be state competitors if they had better places to train
STRAIGHT
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

I don't think I'm reading too much into it. I was actually AGREEING with you. We have good athletes but crap facilites. If we did have somewhere to practice, we'd be better, but for now we're doing just fine as is.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

CT Track

Post by Wrasslerfan »

I have been on that track quite a few times since i graduated from conemaugh township and i think that the track stinks to high heaven and they need to redo the track before some one gets really hurt
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
CTtrackster
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CTtrackster »

about what gunner was saying. The whole natural ability thing. We have a good amount of kids on the track team. Not alot, but enough to do something with. Last year was my first year in track, and the only downside i had was the fact that we only had 2 coaches. One only worked with the sprinters and the other did everything else. I high jumped..sucked royally...but i had to use other kids input about how my form was etc..and on occasion when the coach would come over, hed say a few things and id do better, then hed leave cause he had to work with the throwers, hurderlers, jumpers, pole vault, distance runners etc. Then id fall back into bad form and get nothing accomplished in a whole prac. Our bad track doesnt help us, but the fact were understaffed is even worse in my opinion, cause if you practice on something bad, when you do the real thing on something better, your times should go up.
Argg, Pirates.

abee

[marq=left]IUP Marching Band[/marq]
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

Are there a lot of injuries on your team like shin splints? I know when Bedford had their asphalt track, almost every single person on the boys' and girl' team had shin splints. It also lead to pulled quads and hamstrings... It gives me chills thinking about those days.. Horrible!!