Girl's Track

PIAA- Track and Field
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

I guarantee you Ashley Wilson, a sophomore, from Bedford will beat them both!!
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by brlnsoccerchick19 »

I second the notion that the Weavers might go down this season. Megan Elder is a tough kid that ran below 2:30 last season in jr high as an 8th grader. She gained a lot of experience this year with XC and with the disappointing finish she had to the season she's gonna be geared up for a three-way win in the 800, 1600, and 3200. And she can easily do it, too.
BedfordRunnerwannabe
Freshman
Freshman

Bedford will dominate

Post by BedfordRunnerwannabe »

I agree with all of the bedford people. Bedford is going to be great this year. The throwers wont do so well but the runners are awsome. Ashley Wilson will be a good distance runner. Bedford will dominate this year.
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

During cross country districts this year (Bedford is D6 in that), Wilson ran somewhere around 20:54 (I know that isn't the exact time)- I do know it was less than a minute off from Heinish from BG (I think??) Pretty impressive for anyone let alone for a sophomore. I know a lot of college girls can't even run that.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

i think bedford is d5 for cross country, but because its only them, ridge, and meyersdale, they compete in d6, but because of being d5, they get to go to states anyway
STRAIGHT
B_RuNNer8803
Freshman
Freshman

hey

Post by B_RuNNer8803 »

Wilson will not be doing long distance in track this year she is going to be a mid distance runner..i could quote her when I say this "For track I am a mid distance runner if they put me out there in the long distance my heart will not be in it and i will do poorly" The coaches agreed.
RuN 4 FuN...?

Ham55 is the #1 lineman!
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

As for the Bedford CC team, Wilson did have a good year and the girls team would have been better had Brooke Smith not been sidelined most of the year with a knee injury. On only 2 or 3 weeks of running and not full running at practice she finished 2nd in the JV meet at districts. She would have been a valuable asset for the bisons this year, and should be a good long distance runner for the bisons this year in track.
bison1
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by bison1 »

Instead of running during those 2-3 down weeks, she was hiding in the bushes by the football practice field...
B_RuNNer8803
Freshman
Freshman

nu uh!

Post by B_RuNNer8803 »

Brooke was not everyday...Wilson and her did ONCE...and that was after MAY I ADD...AFTER my first day back at practice! lol
RuN 4 FuN...?

Ham55 is the #1 lineman!
B_RuNNer8803
Freshman
Freshman

Post by B_RuNNer8803 »

Who are the Weaver twins by the way???