Girl's Track

PIAA- Track and Field
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by brlnsoccerchick19 »

Renee and Robyn Weaver from Everett. They're seniors this year that placed 1-2 at the District meet last year. They both also won districts in the 4x800 relay that placed at states. Both are good middle distance runners, no matter how you say it. They're tough.
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

You'd know them if you saw them, B Runner.

I wish the coaches would let me tell them which events I didn't want to do because "my heart wasn't in it." I never got that sort of opportunity, I always had to run what they said and Goo never cared what I thought about it. This past year was definitely the easiest year though..100m, long jump, triple jump, and 4x1... tell me those aren't the four perfect events to do in a meet. I ran a total of 200 meters in a whole race, while some girls are running 3 miles total. hehehe
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

I wish I could pick my events! I won't complain too much because I like my events, but its just that I run the 4x100 right after the 400 which sucks hardcore. The only day it really seemed to pay off was at Districts. Atleast I was loosened up for the race haha. I only run 1700 meters in a meet, but its ALL sprinting (400, 4x100, 800, and 4x400). I don't do field stuff 'cause I'm a 'designated runner,' but its not like I care. I'm a better runner than anything anyway.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

i think polevaulters have it best, at least in bedford, the 3 laziest kids on the bedfords boys team are polevaulters...i know we're supposed to talk about girls here, but i think they (girl pole vaulters) even have it pretty easy
STRAIGHT
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

Yeah right, none of the girls have it easy. We always have to do our field events AFTER we run our workouts, meanwhile the guys are over watching the baseball games.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

but the polevaulters probly have it easiest among the girls, even though they have to run first
STRAIGHT
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

I'd say after having to do a workout, the girls that don't have to do any field events or relay handoffs have it the easiest because they get to go home while everyone else has to stay an extra half hour or more. Pole vaulting is really hard, I dunno how their practices would be because they still have to do run throughs like jumpers to make sure their steps are on.
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Pole vaulting looks like so much fun. Too bad my team isn't allowed to compete in pole vault...since we don't have an actual track to practice on with jumping pits and stuff, we have the whole liability thing to work against. Hopefully we'll get some practice time in at another school a couple of days a week so we could get some vaulters. It DOES look really hard, but it looks like a blast to do as long as you don't hurt yourself. :?
NzoneCREW
Freshman
Freshman

Post by NzoneCREW »

does anyone know anything about any D5 girl throwers? Anyone comming up from myersdale that will be a threat. I know that Sines (an AWESOME Thrower) graduated last year. Anyone new from the area commin up?
OOOKay CREW!!!!
B_RuNNer8803
Freshman
Freshman

Post by B_RuNNer8803 »

I know there are some sophmores from Bedford coming out for throwing and I kno they have a lot of upper body strength from previous sports they have been active in for years, but I cant make an definate opinion on how good they may be.
RuN 4 FuN...?

Ham55 is the #1 lineman!