Girl's Track

PIAA- Track and Field
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by brlnsoccerchick19 »

She's not coming up this year, but for for Meyersdale, their strongest thrower is going to be sophomore Vanessa Housel. For a freshman she did pretty well. She placed second overall in AA at the Ship Invitational, won D5, and finished around 15th at states. Not too bad for being the only freshman girl to even go to states in AA jav!
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

Pole vaulting is extremely hard. I tried it in 9th grade and I couldn't even pick myself up off the ground- it requires so much upper body strength (something I don't have). It is also really dangerous, you don't see too many accidents watching D5 and D6 AA pole vaulting, but when you go and watch AA and AAA at big invitationals like WCC's in Altoona, Shipensburg, and States- that's when it gets dangerous. Guys are vaulting like 12ft +, sometimes almost missing the mat completely and hitting the ground.
WALTER4
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WALTER4 »

its not actually as hard as it looks as long as you dedicate your time to it....its can be really fun
The Flyers are just like the Titanic. They both look good until they hit the ice

Help Control the Poor Population. Have those on wellfare spayed or neutered
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

I just don't have any upper body strengh- everything is in my legs. That's why I'm a jumper and sprinter. I definitely wasn't built to be a pole vaulter.
bdfrdrun05
Freshman
Freshman

bedford cross country

Post by bdfrdrun05 »

Bedford may of gone to states because they were the only D5 girls team but other schools in D5 have the same exact opportunity to go. Their school can have a cross country team but they don't and Bedford worked really hard to get as far as they did.
Amekinz
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Amekinz »

I think we're gonna be impressed with Junior, Crystal Salas from Bedford.... in the javelin, shot put and discus... :D
*Coach's lil sis*
paflyboy202
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by paflyboy202 »

salas probably isnt going to do well because she got a lot of help from dave housworth last year and he graduated
Flying isnt dangerous........Crashing is whats dangerous!!!
Gunner18:"it takes a college degree to fly a plane, but only a high school diploma to fix one"
United States Marine Corps
Semper Fi!!
BDFRDS#1BiggestFAN
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BDFRDS#1BiggestFAN »

I heard a lot of girls from the track team are coming out for softball this year does anyone know anything bout that for sure? I also hear that katie henderson and chelsi wise might be coming out for track and also playin softball...whats people think bout that?
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

Yeah, there are a lot of girls playing softball instead of running track this year.. I think it's funny. Hopefully our team will be just as good though.. With Natalie out though, that leaves a leg of the 4x1 open. I think it will be hard for the both of you, Chelsi and Katie, to play softball and run track because there are games and meets on the same days. Also, the days we have practice, you will too, or you will have games..and vice versa.. A lot of times you are going to have to choose what you want to do that day.. game, meet, or either practice.. That could cost you in both sports. I know personally, the girls coaches do not put up with anythinggggg.
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by brlnsoccerchick19 »

We had a girl play both softball and run track last year and she definately learned her lesson. She was given permission to do both, but seriously ticked off the softball coach one day when she skipped a softball game to go to a track meet. She was supposed to pitch that day and whoa....there was a lot of crap that hit the fan. She's a really good jumper, so she's sticking with only track this spring. And quite frankly I can't blame her. Who would want to play softball for a team that won one game last season when you can compete on a track team that lost only four dual meets last season and nearly upset Meyersdale for the WestPAC conference team title? Most certainly not me!