District 5

Goooooooaaaaaaaalllllllllll
soccerboy
Freshman
Freshman

District 5

Post by soccerboy »

How are the area district 5 teams looking for this fall?
windbersoccerstinks
Freshman
Freshman

Re: District 5

Post by windbersoccerstinks »

well if you know anything about district 5, all the teams will be dreadful.
soccerboy
Freshman
Freshman

Post by soccerboy »

Actually the district was very competitive last year and all 8 teams that made the playoffs had a record of over .500. I would say that it will be down a little this year with a lot of teams losing players just wanted to see what the teams are losing and what everyone thinks of how the season will fold out.
the cricket
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by the cricket »

North Star should be tough out west as they return most of their starters and I'm guessing township will be up there to as they should have a strong showing

SHL should be wide open as a lot of teams are losing several key pieces. NBC could be the favorite again depending on how many foreign exchange students they get. I would have to guess that 2-6 and even probably 1-6 will be highly contested
trackkid
Freshman
Freshman

Post by trackkid »

think Berlin could be a strong team with 11 seniors
but they won all be starters or even all that good for a few
they do lose their top 2 scorers and best defender but they do have their goalie back
dragonfootball2001
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by dragonfootball2001 »

Don't look past Northern Bedford. Marcus Yeatts has proven to be one of the best, if not the best coach in District V, given what he has to work with and the past records posted in Loysburg. The Panthers should be back, and once again competing for the District V championship.
the cricket
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by the cricket »

dragonfootball2001 I am not sure I agree with you about your choice for best coach in D5 but I can respect your opinion. I am just curious as to who will be the best players for NBC this year because I thought they lost all of their key players and I was fortunate enough to see them play a couple of times was not impressed their supporting cast and jv team.
soccerboy
Freshman
Freshman

Post by soccerboy »

From what I know Northern lost most of there scoring but return most of there defense and goalie. Scoring may depend on the foreign exchange students they get if any. I know that helped them a lot last season.
the cricket
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by the cricket »

soccerboy do you know how many foreign students nbc had on their d5 championship team. I do not think that hoover was on team. Didn't he take a year off??
soccerboy
Freshman
Freshman

Post by soccerboy »

I Don't think they had any or they didn't make big contributions that year. And yes Hoover did take a year off.