Trump for President?

Discuss all political matters here!
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Trump for President?

Post by southpaw »

What do you think? Is there any GOP contender to defeat Obama in '12 besides Trump?
Last edited by southpaw on September 20th, 2011, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm your huckleberry"
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Trump for President?

Post by Manfred »

While Trump has "name" recognition in spades, and a great business acumen, unless all other GOP comers drop out or something comes up to really get him over the top, the mighty "O" has too much behind him to fail. Corrupt unions, masses of immigrants dying to vote for him, all the weak people who want big brother to do EVERYTHING for them and GIVE them everything they want at the expense of us people who actually earn a living, all will put him in for another 4 years. GOD help us all. Maybe Dec. 21 2012 is the apocalypse after all.
Last edited by Manfred on September 20th, 2011, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
It ain't over until it's over.
RidgeDad
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by RidgeDad »

southpaw wrote:What do you think? Is there any GOP contender to defeat Obama in '12 besides Trump?
I am intrigued by Trump's chances and what he brings to the table. The problem in politics is that everybody owes somebody something when they get the top. Republican and Democrat alike. Making a career out of politics was never the intent, and this is why. It just further proves the genius of the founding fathers.

My hope is that Trump truly is the citizen politician, looking to do this for the right reasons. My fear is that this is a publicity stunt. Time will tell. If he is doing this for the right reasons, he is the type of guy that could go in there beholden to NO one, and not afraid to make drastic, tough changes. Even if it meant being voted out in 4 years. A true citizen politician would be ok with that if the change was in the best long term interest of the country.
Last edited by RidgeDad on September 20th, 2011, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Like him or not at least Trump has enough of his own money that he won't owe anybody any favors like Bonehead Obama did....GE..Immelt and Soros...w/ Brazilian Oil.
"I'm your huckleberry"