Ridenour's Overlook, Lake Raystown

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Ridenour's Overlook, Lake Raystown

Post by Manfred »

I'm hoping someone can help me with some information regarding a scenic viewpoint at Lake Raystown, its called Ridenour's Overlook. I've researched the route off Rt. 22 to get there, and it seems easy enough. Here's the rub- I want to bring several friends on motorcycles there for a nice Sunday ride. I would like to know, is the road leading into the Overlook a gravel road? Motorcycles can navigate gravel, but its tricky, and can be hazardous to our health, and others health also. This would be a close to 2 hr. ride from near Johnstown, with a pit stop or 2 along the way. Thanks to anyone who may be able to help us.
It ain't over until it's over.
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ridenour's Overlook, Lake Raystown

Post by odoyelrules »

Sorry for the lateness of this, but the road from 22 to Ridenhour's Overlook is paved (Snyder Run Road to Henderson Overlook Road to Ridenhour Overlook Road. Plenty of unpaved road alongside the river though on Point Road if you went along that path.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ridenour's Overlook, Lake Raystown

Post by Manfred »

Thanks, better late than never? The first week of June, we went for a car ride to Martinsburg, then scouted the overlook for the bike ride on June 15.
It ain't over until it's over.