Ligonier Valley Vs Dunmore

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Ligonier Valley Vs Dunmore

Post by animus »

If this becomes a defensive struggle, I can't help but think that works in Dunmore's favor. I think LV needs to jump to a couple score lead and force Dunmore to pass the ball. The longer Dunmore is in the game, the more likely they wear down LVs defense. In a defensive struggle scenario, LV must dominate the TOP.
HaroldSakata
Freshman
Freshman

Post by HaroldSakata »

As a district 2 guy I have to say that Dunmore is pretty banged up right now and will most likely be without one of their best players who is also their best DB which will hurt against a passing attack like LV's. They are expecting a couple other players back from injury however. Anyone know how the seating is at Bald Eagle? Dunmore usually travels well.
Iceman80
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Iceman80 »

Unless Dunmore changes their game plan and does something's other than run between the tackles, they will not score many points against LV's defense. This is a very favorable matchup for LV. Their biggest defensive strengths are stopping the power run game and taking away the pass and from what I can tell Dunmore runs a power-I and tries to go between the tackles on almost every play. I know their RB is a stud, but a one dimensional offense, especially a power running offense, is not going to cut it against LV who has one of the top middle linebackers in the state and a safety who will be playing ball at WVU next year and flat out hits. The question is wether or not Dunmore has the athletes at the corner position to stay with the talented receiving core of LV. Tutino is a sophomore with over 1,000 yards receiving and something like 17 TDs and Daugherty has almost 600 yards receiving in less than half a season. If Dunmore gets down by a couple scores like they did against YC they'll be in for a very long night. Nothing will surprise me at this point in the season, but based on matchups alone I think LV gets another convincing win. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

LV hasnt played a team half as good as dunmore when it comes to power running. This will be the hardest test by far this season. If mccort was driving against LV early dunmore will score touchdowns no problem
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Dunmore is a great football team. They are used to running against 10 man boxes all year. They bulldoze through teams pretty much tell them where they are going and the teams can't stop it.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I'd be interested to see what York Catholic did against Dunmore.  They were able to jump on them early and force Dunmore come from behind. 
Iceman80
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Iceman80 »

konjo78 wrote:LV hasnt played a team half as good as dunmore when it comes to power running. This will be the hardest test by far this season. If mccort was driving against LV early dunmore will score touchdowns no problem
The only way McCort moved the ball was with outside tosses to number 5 who was FAST! McCort's power run game was completely shut down. I think their big back had 38 yards or something close to that and most of those Camden on one play late in the second half. You're talking about a historically good defense for LV who has given up 37 points all season. If you think Dunmore will score touchdowns no problem you're either insane or have not seen a single LV game or tape. I'm not saying they won't score, but they aren't putting up 35 points by running between the tackles and they certainly won't be scoring easily. 
Iceman80
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Iceman80 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:Dunmore is a great football team. They are used to running against 10 man boxes all year. They bulldoze through teams pretty much tell them where they are going and the teams can't stop it.
Without a doubt they are...you don't go undefeated with a one dimensional offense if you aren't very good at what you do. That being said, LV has a GREAT defense, not just a very good one and Dunmore is playing right into their biggest strength. Does Dunmore have an awesome secondary and pass rush because if not they can very easily be playing from behind again and they aren't coming back against LV with a power run game....their defense is just way too good. 
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Got to remember this isnt the heritage and isnt d6 AA anymore. This is a team that has had decades of success year in year out. Running the same offense many have tried to stop it and many have failed. Not saying LV wont win but it will be tough to stop Dunmore.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Depends home side seating is pretty good away side not so much.