What would you do with Bell?

The name says it all!
Crimsoncrush67
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: What would you do with Bell?

Post by Crimsoncrush67 »

I am with you.

I think the disconnect with NFL fans, especially Steeler fans in general, is they(we) feel personally slighted when players want paid, or move on for any number of reasons. In this case, I think we lose sight that this is business. If you are the best at your position within your company, everyone out here would want to be paid a rate commiserate with their talent. I cannot fault someone for wanting to earn what they are worth. With that said the Steelers front office sees that signing a 26 y/o running back to a high dollar long term deal has significant risk. They obviously were willing to take that risk, and pay what I thought was fair, but Bell thinks he is worth more, and that is his right, and he very well might be. The thought of somehow punishing him by hammering him into the dirt will only give them a rapid exit out of the playoffs.

This is a very talented football team, who should be able to get close to a Super Bowl if not win the dang thing. Hopefully, this year they can keep the distractions limited and make a run.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Here is the main issue why people have a problem with how bell handled the stiuation.

He told the steelers he wants X, they offer X and he then says he wants XY. The steelers offer XY and he now says he wants XYZ, sits out as long as he can and then says he might retire if he doesnt get XYZ. Next summer steelers offer XYZ and Bell says he wants XYZ+ and will sit out time again because he didnt get XYZ+.

The steelers have almost always came up and offered things he stated he wants and everytime he said, no I want more. Such public greed and ego driven action gives anyone the right to think of that person negatively. Imagine if your the boss and thats how your employee acted? What would you do?
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

None of it is what soured me. The fact that they offered him 5 years as a rb in the nfl with most of it guaranteed is more than insane... then he has the nads to walk away from it... I’m irritated they offered what they did, AND amazed he’s that big of a tool bag. There’s no way he wants to be in Pittsburgh, NONE. And with all the more I watch nfl games anymore, I’m not as put out as some. Just amazed at watching it unfold and sad for friends that still let this crap ruin their mood
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Imagine being the boss and being more expendable and lesser paid than most of your employees
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Steelers have now put out a statement saying bell hasnt showed up yet, or signed his contract. I am beginning to seriously think he will sit out some games this year.

On the bright side connor looked good all preseason. I hope they just start him week 1 and if he does well keep starting him.