2019-20 Wrestling Season

Shoot the half!!!
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

2019-20 Wrestling Season

Post by SportsFan96 »

Thoughts? Predictions? Teams to beat? Top returning wrestlers?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2019-20 Wrestling Season

Post by Manfred »

Top 4 D6, not in any order: Westmont, Glendale, FH, Penns Valley. Ridge is D5 but has a couple LHAC matches with Westy & FH. Huntingdon always tough too.
Last edited by Manfred on December 4th, 2019, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It ain't over until it's over.
Stonycreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Stonycreek »

Who are the best freshman this year?
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

Stonycreek wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 7:32 pm Who are the best freshman this year?
Not sure who a lot of the incoming Freshman are this year, but I have heard the name Dustin Flinn from Forest Hills and I think Calan Bollman from CR could be pretty decent, depending on what weight he is at when he tries to make the line-up.
DanShilcosky
Freshman
Freshman

Post by DanShilcosky »

Hayden Cunningham, Dustin Flinn, Logan Reffner, Cole Claycomb, Gino Serafini, and Calandras Bollman are some of the better 9th Graders to keep an eye on, off the top of my head.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Bishop McCort has seven wrestlers on its roster according to today's Tribune Democrat. That's the same number Conemaugh Township has. Johnstown has ten. Somerset and Cambria Heights have 12 each. Central Cambria has 13.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

LHAC has wrestling for other schools other than Bedford, FH, and CR? WIth all the success of the LHAC basketball programs, I just figured....

Couldn't help myself.

That's a little deflating. Schools their size should easily be able to field both a hoops squad and a more than full wrestling roster.

Winter time must be Xbox time.
Thanks!
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

knowitall wrote: December 5th, 2019, 8:21 am Bishop McCort has seven wrestlers on its roster according to today's Tribune Democrat. That's the same number Conemaugh Township has. Johnstown has ten. Somerset and Cambria Heights have 12 each. Central Cambria has 13.
Bedford, CR and Westmont all have 20+ kids on their roster and I think Forest Hills is real close to 20. What hurts is that some of the back-ups on these teams would be starters on a lot of other teams. I'm glad that the PIAA decided to let tournament directors allow more than one wrestler from a school wrestle in tournaments. Hopefully the tournament directors will take advantage of it to fill brackets. It will help some of those kids to get to show their stuff. It would be nice if the PIAA would let District tournaments do the same thing. I believe there are some quality kids that are "JV" that could very well place at District and possibly Regional tournaments.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Sounds like the AAABA. Not enough participants showing interest? Can't fill in the brackets? Let more teams in from the same area, such as two teams from Johnstown, 3 from Brooklyn, etc.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

El-Moldo wrote: December 5th, 2019, 11:12 am Sounds like the AAABA. Not enough participants showing interest? Can't fill in the brackets? Let more teams in from the same area, such as two teams from Johnstown, 3 from Brooklyn, etc.
Narrator: Charles giggles multiple times (as if he knows what is about to happen next) :YMDAYDREAM:
Thanks!