Next Crusher Coach

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Next Crusher Coach

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

That theory goes against your main theory of athletes at catholic schools don’t pay tuition. Why would some reduced tuition change anything now?

I think you’re in too deep of your own web.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I’ll eat crow if Bishop McCort turns into an athletic powerhouse with the help of the blended academy. I don’t think anything substantial is going to change. But if it does, you can call me out on it.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Yes, I'm sure some athletes get a reduced tuition. Wouldn't be uncommon in situations like BM. Don't remember saying that they ALL don't pay. But you also need borderline athletes too. This might encourage some of them to attend and fill out a roster, especially in football. And with BM's Jr High attendance numbers down, this certainly might help. And if you don't think anything substantial might change, think again. Remember, you only need a couple of new kids to make a team great. Called icing on the cake.
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

I noticed a familiar face facilitating the Blended Academy. Are we going to see the next influx of wrestlers via this new platform? Will the Osborne Street Mat Club be resurrected?
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

At half the price, one Lift scholarship will now cover 2 kids.

Athletes from Greensburg would still have to come to town everyday for practice, for the team sports at least. Probably works better for individual sports like wrestling. Kids can work-out on their own and show up for meets.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Sure, Greensburg might be a stretch. BUT, any local kid (Ferndale, CV, CC, PC, BC, Somerset, etc, etc) can make daily practices easily. No bad weather August thru Thanksgiving. And PAMDGrappler has a point.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

At least three good athletes from CV defected to McCort years ago and have helped lead them to 3 and 5 win seasons in football.
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

knowitall wrote: January 30th, 2020, 9:58 pm At least three good athletes from CV defected to McCort years ago and have helped lead them to 3 and 5 win seasons in football.
Yeah and one even of them parlayed that into a D1 Baseball scholarship. Maybe there are other reasons they chose to leave. And I'm pretty sure they won 6 games this year and I'm guessing the failingsame if the former HC had a good bit to do with that as well, hence why he is "former".
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The Pirates have a guy pitching in their organization who went to Ferndale.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Poor kid should try to better himself
If only closed minds came with closed mouths