Richland/Westmont

Hardwood chatter
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Richland/Westmont

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Sneakers2 wrote: February 14th, 2020, 7:08 am I'm sure the question and error in judgment comes from the actions in a JV game carrying over to the Varsity... 2 T's, you're done plus one game suspension at that level....The gray area, for some, would be how it would affect Varsity action.
You're probably right but I'm guessing this is well known if you are a varsity coach though. But in other sports, the rules are different
In football, you are DQ'd from the next game at the same level only.
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

The rules are not different, they are the same. The difference is football is not usually played in a double header. The rule is an ejection you are DQ’d from all levels of play on same day as ejection , and you sit the next game at the same level you were DQ’d from. Applies to both players and coaches and team attendants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

abpk2903 wrote: February 13th, 2020, 6:56 pm I have a hard time feeling bad for anyone ejected from a high school sporting event. Not many situations could justify an ejection either.
Aprox. 6 years ago I was ejected from a PL/PM varsity basketball game with 1 minute left. I've known the security guard that ejected me for 20 years. I said "Are you f**king kidding me)? I walked out without an argument. The security guards daytime job is where my wife works. The next day he went to her office. And told her the fed. Came to him during the next timeout. And said "I THREW THE WRONG GUY OUT" Sorry. I actually got a laugh out of it.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

I was at a game a couple weeks ago where the ref warned a spectator. The one more time and you are outta here warning. Problem was the guy never said a word. It was the guy sitting behind him. How can a ref do that without seeing the person actually say something? And this was a long time ref.
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

TheAnalyst wrote: February 14th, 2020, 6:12 pm I was at a game a couple weeks ago where the ref warned a spectator. The one more time and you are outta here warning. Problem was the guy never said a word. It was the guy sitting behind him. How can a ref do that without seeing the person actually say something? And this was a long time ref.
The guy running his mouth, that I got blamed for, was close to me.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

Everyone knows the rule coaches refs etc. the problem is for some reason the local officials have shown a lot of favor to Richland athletics. I have heard fans and coaches alike complain. Rumor has it Richland pays refs more money so of course refs want to stay in good favor to continue to get selected to get their games. Just ask around.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Skippy wrote: February 14th, 2020, 12:41 pm The rules are not different, they are the same. The difference is football is not usually played in a double header. The rule is an ejection you are DQ’d from all levels of play on same day as ejection , and you sit the next game at the same level you were DQ’d from. Applies to both players and coaches and team attendants.

Ah. Ok. Didn't know that. Thanks!
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Skippy wrote: February 14th, 2020, 12:41 pm The rules are not different, they are the same. The difference is football is not usually played in a double header. The rule is an ejection you are DQ’d from all levels of play on same day as ejection , and you sit the next game at the same level you were DQ’d from. Applies to both players and coaches and team attendants.

If a player is a senior and gets DQ'd from say the last varsity basketball game he or she is suspended for one game in the next sport coming up . Example baseball / softball. If you are a senior and don't play another sport . Oh well...
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

theprophet wrote: February 14th, 2020, 10:50 pm Everyone knows the rule coaches refs etc. the problem is for some reason the local officials have shown a lot of favor to Richland athletics. I have heard fans and coaches alike complain. Rumor has it Richland pays refs more money so of course refs want to stay in good favor to continue to get selected to get their games. Just ask around.
Did Brandon Bailey steal your girl in high school? You really have an axe to grind with Richland. For local basketball, the schools don't hire refs directly. They are assigned to games by a central scheduler. And not sure if read the story but Richland's coach is the one that got the 2 T's. So......
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

Colonel Mustard wrote: February 16th, 2020, 4:47 pm
theprophet wrote: February 14th, 2020, 10:50 pm Everyone knows the rule coaches refs etc. the problem is for some reason the local officials have shown a lot of favor to Richland athletics. I have heard fans and coaches alike complain. Rumor has it Richland pays refs more money so of course refs want to stay in good favor to continue to get selected to get their games. Just ask around.
Did Brandon Bailey steal your girl in high school? You really have an axe to grind with Richland. For local basketball, the schools don't hire refs directly. They are assigned to games by a central scheduler. And not sure if read the story but Richland's coach is the one that got the 2 T's. So......
Not disputing the "central scheduler", but why is it that the only times I saw Bob Gongloff ref a game (3 times) this year were BC boys home games?