2020 Modified High School Football Season?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

2020 Modified High School Football Season?

Post by BoStillKnows »

With everything being shutdown right now and the potential of the COVID-19 epidemic running into the summer months. Does anyone see a possible modified, shortened or later 2020 high school football season?

Something along the lines of you only play teams in the same classification within your district or multiple districts only (depending on the number of teams) and only the top 2 or 4 teams make playoffs.

For example: Central, Tyrone, Huntingdon, Penn Cambria, Bedford, Somerset, Westmont Hilltop, Clearfield are all 3A now. Could these teams play a modified (Class 3A ONLY) 7 game regular season against each other and the top 2 teams play for the 5-6-9 Class 3A title?

I think something like this, just for this year is a VERY realistic possibility. Thoughts?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: 2020 Modified High School Football Season?

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Depends when things get back to normal but if everything is still up in the air by July (hopefully not) then you have to start planning ahead.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

It’s March. Let’s wait and see what happens. The fall is a long way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

It sucks, but alot of schools are talking about starting the year off online. I see FB being cancelled to be honest.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I’m not counting on high school or college sports for the rest of 2020. The pro leagues might try to force something.