Official BleacherCoach

Re: Your school's ultimate QB-RB-WR trio

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: March 25th, 2020, 4:04 pm
BoStillKnows wrote: March 25th, 2020, 11:55 am Tyrone:
QB- Steve Franco
RB- Jesse Jones
WR- Nick Patton

Leonard Wilson, Brice Mertiff, James Oliver, Marcus Owens, Jamal Owens, and Steve Johnson could all have made the list as well
That was my 3 also. Was gonna post earlier but was undecided. I was gonna put Matt Sharer in at qb and Steve Johnson at wr.
Can’t go wrong with any of the ones on both lists and hard to argue with 7,000 yds and 99 tds, but I’d stick with Marcus at rb.
And Sharer was probably the best high school athlete Tyrone’s had but don’t know if I could say he was better QB than Stevie... Sharer made a throw to buck Larrossa in BG scrimmage that I don’t think 90% of NFL guys could duplicate, I watched Tom Irwin drop his clipboard and just start laughing
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

EaglealumsGhost wrote: March 25th, 2020, 11:44 pm
Goldeneagles12 wrote: March 25th, 2020, 4:04 pm
BoStillKnows wrote: March 25th, 2020, 11:55 am Tyrone:
QB- Steve Franco
RB- Jesse Jones
WR- Nick Patton

Leonard Wilson, Brice Mertiff, James Oliver, Marcus Owens, Jamal Owens, and Steve Johnson could all have made the list as well
That was my 3 also. Was gonna post earlier but was undecided. I was gonna put Matt Sharer in at qb and Steve Johnson at wr.
Can’t go wrong with any of the ones on both lists and hard to argue with 7,000 yds and 99 tds, but I’d stick with Marcus at rb.
And Sharer was probably the best high school athlete Tyrone’s had but don’t know if I could say he was better QB than Stevie... Sharer made a throw to buck Larrossa in BG scrimmage that I don’t think 90% of NFL guys could duplicate, I watched Tom Irwin drop his clipboard and just start laughing
Like you said cant go wrong with any of them. Yea that's why I eventually agreed with Bo and said Stevie. Definitely alot of talent in those names Bo put up there.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

If you're going to include TE's.......Joe Jones. Was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys out of Va. Tech.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Inadvertent dbl. post
It ain't over until it's over.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

I’ll give Bedford a shot. Based on running a true option offense, and that I can only name a player once if we are going to build out an entire team. Other considerations in (). Taking some liberties here with the original premise as I’m trying to build out the whole team eventually.

QB-Troy Harris (Rick Cottle,Austin Montgomery,Kelly Blevins)
RB-Bill Benbow (Jeff Koontz,August Cook,Greg Washington,”Little” Mike Marshall) I need two more RB’s for my option offense. Probably Washington and Marshall.
WR-Mike Cottle (Luke Campbell ,Zach Shaffer)