Thoughts On A Season That Never Happened

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Thoughts On A Season That Never Happened

Post by HSD6FAN »

What is everyone’s thought on a season that never happened? Which matchups were you looking forward to seeing? Which players were you looking forward to watching? What were the predictions for making a district or state title run?

I have to say there was a lot of curiosity about Huntingdon with the Ritcheys throwing. Same with Bellwood and Luensmann.

Mountain League was going to be brutal.

D6 AAA was going to be fun to watch come postseason. Tyrone had a lot coming back from a great 2019 season. Philipsburg had Whitehead coming back. Huntingdon with the Ritcheys. Central had a young group that would compete. Ligonier Valley always has great athletes. Mt. Union defending champs are always in the mix.

Such a shame to see this season erased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Thoughts On A Season That Never Happened

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Yeah such a shame. Was really looking forward to my Dragon squad with a lot of young blood. Will be unfortunate that they will lose a year of experience. Agree that Mountain was going to be solid top to bottom with many team having the potential to make noise in the state tournament. Looking slim but love to get our group some summer ball before it’s all said and done. Tyrone, PO, Bellefonte, Huntingdon, Central all should have been pretty solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

^^^^Where's the LIKE button?^^^^
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

For what it's worth. Hollidaysburg and Central got a chance to scrimmage.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Ditto for our Rangers and Everett, the day before they shut everything down. Guess I can put away my lawn chairs for use at baseball games.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Needed to get out and go for a ride. Hadn't been in Johnstown for a while stopped at Em's subs and Firehouse subs hadn't had those in over a yesr. Figured I'd detour my ride home and stop over and check out the baseball field at FH .

Very nice I like how the whole infield and baselines resemble actual dirt (brown). Not just the base cut out area like Somerset and the Point. The only problem is the outfield is pathetic. Something majorly needs done with that. Was looking forward to shagging some ground balls during batting practice.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

-ALL- work on the field has been stopped. The Rangers were supposed to have a 2-3 week period after that Everett scrimmage where the interim area maybe 40-45feet or so between the new turf and the old outfield was to be re-sodded. They wouldn't have been allowed on it until it took root. The deeper part of the outfield had already been rolled and aerated, but I agree, unless actually graded like a new field, would not be as nice. All those years of football camp take their toll. The scoreboard was to be replaced by the American Legion, and then turned over to the District, but contributions were only a couple thousand to the point everything stopped. The District has no skin in the new scoreboard, but will reap the PR and benefits in the future. I don't like the new gap between the scorers' box and concession stand, and the backstop. Now scorers have to watch through the backstop fencing 10 feet in front of the bldg. I also don't like the vertical backstop, as all foul balls will still have to be chased through the parking area behind. Once one of those hits those #4 gravel base rocks, the cover is usually cut and becomes a practice ball. I guess we should be grateful for what we got, but man, what if......
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Baseball has been dragged from the ashes of tyranny. JCBL has announced its plans to resume, and today the summer was salvaged for the other leagues with re-organization plans in place, re-vamped schedules and new precautions. The former Legion league has a new look & schedule, with home & home games of the locals and trips to Fannett-Metal and McConnellsburg to look forward to. Now if the Ranger field can get that new scoreboard done in the next 2 weeks.......This almost feels like what it must be like for a prisoner to get parole.