Steelers Draft

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Steelers Draft

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don’t think he’s comparing Claypool to Young. He’s just pointing out sometimes college numbers aren’t overly relevant in terms of what NFL teams are looking for.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I wasn’t at all. My point was if you cherry pick numbers from the 3 most difficult games of the season, you probably won’t find many players that enticing to draft. The 3 best OLs Chase Young faced resulted in 0 sacks. Yet he was still drafted #2 overall and is one of the best NFL prospects of the last decade or so.

Claypool might be out if the league in 3 years. If someone I were to know made that bet with me, I would bet a lot of money he won’t be out of the league. This is a league now that goes 4 wide on nearly half the formations.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Should the Steelers go for Andy Dalton now that the Bungles are giving the keys to the kingdom to Burrows? Hey, he's only 32, would be a better solution as backup to Big Ben than the other who dey that they have now.
It ain't over until it's over.
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Yes but keep ducky around too, Dalton isn’t long term answer(doubt other 2 are either)
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Jameis Winston signed for 1.1 million. If I were the Steelers I would be going after Dalton or Cam because they might now be forced to sign much lesser contracts. If they want Teddy Bridgewater money like 8-10 mil a year to be a backup I’ll stick with Rudolph and his rookie contract of a few hundred thousand. As much as I cursed Rudolph last year he did win a few games with a god awful group of talent around him...
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

LeeCorso wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 12:03 pm Jameis Winston signed for 1.1 million. If I were the Steelers I would be going after Dalton or Cam because they might now be forced to sign much lesser contracts. If they want Teddy Bridgewater money like 8-10 mil a year to be a backup I’ll stick with Rudolph and his rookie contract of a few hundred thousand. As much as I cursed Rudolph last year he did win a few games with a god awful group of talent around him...
Various sources say that Winston turned down the Steelers and more money to sign with the Saints.