Moving up

Hardwood chatter
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Moving up

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The Bishop Guilfoyle boys and Bellwood-Antis girls are possible candidates to reclassify from AA to AAA under the new competitive balance rule.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Moving up

Post by Manfred »

Competitive balance is a riot. Competitive balance would put the privates and charters against each other in their own league.
It ain't over until it's over.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Anyone see the boy's AAAAA all-state basketball team just released a few days ago? Archbishop Wood had 4 players make the 3 teams. One on the 1st team, two on the 2nd team and one on the third team. And in AAAAAA, Roman Catholic had 3 players make the teams. Let's hear it for competitive balance.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Well Philadelphia is one of the top basketball cities in the country, I don’t think it’s unusual that the best teams in Philadelphia have more than one good player.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Philly has the most Covid 19 cases in the state, too, but hey lets shut the rest of the state down Oh. Wait. THEY did! :ymapplause:
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Which was a good thing.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Well I think it's highly UNUSUAL for one team to have 4 out of 5 starters on an all-state team. Guess the school probably has great facilities. Couldn't be like the team was stacked or anything.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Or recruits.
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: May 5th, 2020, 7:10 pm Which was a good thing.
Not so much for small businesses. But I guess if we blindly follow and blindly believe everything our government officials feed us, then sure, it's a great thing to see failing businesses, failing livelihoods, failing careers - all for a virus that has a 1% mortality rate. I fully support those businesses that choose to defy Wolf's order, and I support the choice of those people who choose to remain sheltered in place and not support those businesses.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I’ve been OK with Applebee’s not being open for a few weeks if it saves some lives. It sucks for small businesses, it sucks for me and people in my line of work too, I’ve been directly affected.

But I don’t understand how other countries have done a better job of at least containing it before going back to ‘semi-normal’ and we as a country don’t really have a good plan in place to re-open. I just fear the second wave is going to suck.