Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Fall Sports

Post by El-Moldo »

Hey, I didn't even bring up Penn State yet.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The door's been wide open, Moldy.
It ain't over until it's over.
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Earl34 »

There has to be a way that this is "the local paper's" fault........sorry. Just a little levity!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Funny, isn't it, that some 'levity' rings of truth.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

My guess, there will be no football camps or HS games this year. After those are cancelled, the Labor Day festivals will be next to fall. Then the fall festivals like Ft. Ligonier Days, and Halloween for the kids.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Manfred wrote: May 19th, 2020, 5:37 pm My guess, there will be no football camps or HS games this year. After those are cancelled, the Labor Day festivals will be next to fall. Then the fall festivals like Ft. Ligonier Days, and Halloween for the kids.
Cambria County Fair ( week of Labor Day) was just canceled so I think you're right about most fall sports. But hey, masks are already part of Halloween!
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Texas now saying 25% capacity, University of Iowa all but guaranteeing full stadiums, Ohio State saying they could get up to 50% for a few weeks now. I’m still confident that we will have HS football this fall but it may look different with limited camp time/shortened season/smaller crowds. 10-12 weeks of bs left until week 1.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

This thread should be renamed "The fall of sports" like the 'fall of the Roman Empire'.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

LeeCorso wrote: May 29th, 2020, 11:05 pm Texas now saying 25% capacity, University of Iowa all but guaranteeing full stadiums, Ohio State saying they could get up to 50% for a few weeks now. I’m still confident that we will have HS football this fall but it may look different with limited camp time/shortened season/smaller crowds. 10-12 weeks of bs left until week 1.
I just don't see how football can conform to CDC guidelines. College is highly motivated by money but i don't see how high schools (at least in PA) would see the risk being worth the reward. Plus it takes a large secondary group of people to facilitate a HS football game-refs, chain crew, security, ticket takers, bus drivers, plus groups of band members and cheerleaders...and many of those people are in the more vulnerable populations. Its a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Summer baseball leagues are starting next week. There's hope for fall sports.