Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Manfred »

Viruses are constantly mutating. Some harmless, some not so. There are how many different strains of influenza, and have been for the last millennia, and we started having a vaccine the past 30-40 years that works for maybe 10-20% of the people. You have to be a total moron to believe that ANY of the vaccines being developed for Covid 19 are going to slow or stop this scourge as it exists. It's going to change. Get sick, develop your own internal immunity or don't, and lets get on with our lives w/o "da GUB-mint" sticking their noses into every facet of our lives.
It ain't over until it's over.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Manfred wrote: July 16th, 2020, 2:20 pm Viruses are constantly mutating. Some harmless, some not so. There are how many different strains of influenza, and have been for the last millennia, and we started having a vaccine the past 30-40 years that works for maybe 10-20% of the people. You have to be a total moron to believe that ANY of the vaccines being developed for Covid 19 are going to slow or stop this scourge as it exists. It's going to change. Get sick, develop your own internal immunity or don't, and lets get on with our lives w/o "da GUB-mint" sticking their noses into every facet of our lives.
so just let people die..

I am 67 and have a bad heart.. I am scared of death on Covid, but no the flu. The flu averages 23-60K deaths in the US per year, Covid has killed 130K+ in 4 months. I just don't understand the "let's get back on with our lives" side. Right now where is your life different? Cause you got to wear a mask when you go out for 20-25 minutes? Cause there may not be a High School or College Football game in the fall that really has no major impact on your life at all?
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

Manfred, just wondering . Do you have any current high school or college athletes , teachers or coaches in the family ? I have all 4 of them covered . So what you and all the other posters that think we should ignore the guidelines is asking is "Can I put all of my family at risk for your entertainment ?
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Health officials have admitted that anyone testing positive for Covid will be counted as a Covid death REGARDLESS of the actual cause of death. So that includes accident victims and people with other terminal illnesses. You can't possibly believe the numbers that are being posted. I wear a mask, but over my mouth not my eyes. Yes it is a legitimate virus. No it isn't nearly as deadly and dangerous as you are being led to believe. And no the U. S. isn't handling this worse than any other country. Do you really believe that India and Africa are managing it better than us, or that China is taking good care of their people and reporting legit numbers???

Wear the masks and lets move on.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

PaSportsGuy wrote: July 16th, 2020, 3:05 pm
Manfred wrote: July 16th, 2020, 2:20 pm Viruses are constantly mutating. Some harmless, some not so. There are how many different strains of influenza, and have been for the last millennia, and we started having a vaccine the past 30-40 years that works for maybe 10-20% of the people. You have to be a total moron to believe that ANY of the vaccines being developed for Covid 19 are going to slow or stop this scourge as it exists. It's going to change. Get sick, develop your own internal immunity or don't, and lets get on with our lives w/o "da GUB-mint" sticking their noses into every facet of our lives.
so just let people die..

I am 67 and have a bad heart.. I am scared of death on Covid, but no the flu. The flu averages 23-60K deaths in the US per year, Covid has killed 130K+ in 4 months. I just don't understand the "let's get back on with our lives" side. Right now where is your life different? Cause you got to wear a mask when you go out for 20-25 minutes? Cause there may not be a High School or College Football game in the fall that really has no major impact on your life at all?
Again manfred is the sign of the selfish who only thinks of the here, now, and me. He has shown mutilple times here on this site that critical thinking is not his specialty.

If pitt cancelled football tomorrow and penn state said they were still playing he would write an essay on how terrible penn state is in making that decision....
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Colonel Mustard wrote: July 16th, 2020, 3:17 pm Health officials have admitted that anyone testing positive for Covid will be counted as a Covid death REGARDLESS of the actual cause of death. So that includes accident victims and people with other terminal illnesses. You can't possibly believe the numbers that are being posted. I wear a mask, but over my mouth not my eyes. Yes it is a legitimate virus. No it isn't nearly as deadly and dangerous as you are being led to believe. And no the U. S. isn't handling this worse than any other country. Do you really believe that India and Africa are managing it better than us, or that China is taking good care of their people and reporting legit numbers???

Wear the masks and lets move on.

Seeing deaths and cases now both on the rise (unlike almost any other major country) and having govenors actually make laws not allowing any mask requirements and completely disregarding safe smart things? Yeah the US is really starting to handle it a lot worse than other countries. If china, iran, and other "evil" empires can recognize and take steps to fighy this virus like other US allies why cant the us?
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Bagman wrote: July 16th, 2020, 3:12 pm Manfred, just wondering . Do you have any current high school or college athletes , teachers or coaches in the family ? I have all 4 of them covered . So what you and all the other posters that think we should ignore the guidelines is asking is "Can I put all of my family at risk for your entertainment ?
I know this wasn't targeted to me but I'll answer it anyway. I have 2 kids that play sports and I coach. We bunkered down like everyone else at first. When we survived the 'Easter outbteak' and it became apparent that the virus was manly affecting the elderly and those with health risks (and those unlucky enough to be in nursing homes in PA, NY, and NJ) we let the kids start playing in the neighborhood. We stayed away from family with health issues until THEY felt their quality of life was suffering. When I saw our governor march in a protest and then condemn people for going to church, I knew this was getting political. When rec leagues started we let the kids play as we had one death in Cambria County. We are between 4 and 10 months into this thing depending upon who you believe, and there are minimal stories of suffering and death here in Cambria County. Do I fear for my kids playing sports, going to work-outs, and working part-time jobs, honestly no more than I did a year ago.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

....he said, so much more eloquently than I.
It ain't over until it's over.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Colonel Mustard wrote: July 16th, 2020, 3:47 pm
Bagman wrote: July 16th, 2020, 3:12 pm Manfred, just wondering . Do you have any current high school or college athletes , teachers or coaches in the family ? I have all 4 of them covered . So what you and all the other posters that think we should ignore the guidelines is asking is "Can I put all of my family at risk for your entertainment ?
I know this wasn't targeted to me but I'll answer it anyway. I have 2 kids that play sports and I coach. We bunkered down like everyone else at first. When we survived the 'Easter outbteak' and it became apparent that the virus was manly affecting the elderly and those with health risks (and those unlucky enough to be in nursing homes in PA, NY, and NJ) we let the kids start playing in the neighborhood. We stayed away from family with health issues until THEY felt their quality of life was suffering. When I saw our governor march in a protest and then condemn people for going to church, I knew this was getting political. When rec leagues started we let the kids play as we had one death in Cambria County. We are between 4 and 10 months into this thing depending upon who you believe, and there are minimal stories of suffering and death here in Cambria County. Do I fear for my kids playing sports, going to work-outs, and working part-time jobs, honestly no more than I did a year ago.
I am happy your health is great and you are able to live life.. I can't, my wife can't. Trust me there will be a day you are here with the way I am thinking now. I played soccer, coached for years, and was an official up until 2015 when I had a heart attack. Please don't think less of me as a man or human cause I am worried for myself and my wife of 45 years.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Colonel Mustard wrote: July 16th, 2020, 3:47 pm
And just cause Cambria county has had less suffering, hospitalization, and death, doesn't mean Allegheny, Westmoreland counties or other more populated counties aren't. I never understood the whole my town has nobody that has it, so everything should be ok argument. Get you head out of the sand and look at what is going on around you. Florida and Texas just had their most deaths on one day, Miami is being compared to Wuhan, and LA is going on lockdown, but since Johnstown has nothing we should all go back to normal.