Must Watch of 2020: Hamilton the Musical

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Must Watch of 2020: Hamilton the Musical

Post by konjo78 »

2020 has been a weird year all around. For movies almost nothing new has come out since march this year... That doesn't mean we haven't had new content come out for streaming services and one that I absolutely have fallen in love with on Disney Plus is, Hamilton. This recorded/produced/edited version of the original broadway crew was breathtaking all around. Personally I went in worry some because I had not heard any of the music from the show, minus one number from a youtube show called "Some Good News" and the musical was so hyped up during its broadway run I did not think it would be able to live up to it. Was I wrong!!!!!!

Hamilton was such a joy and the styles of music, choreography and set up of the stage was breathtaking. Some of the lead performances will be etched in my head all year, if not longer, lead by Daveed Diggs and Christopher Jackson. The story tells a great story of Hamilton and his rise to power as well as his fall. If you haven't experienced it yet I truly, truly recommend this movie/performance because it lives up to its high billing and more. Not to mention something of this quality for a 1 month $5.99 subscription to disney plus is an overall steal.

Has anyone else seen Hamilton yet? Thoughts on it??? Are you interested in checking it out? If not why?
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Must Watch of 2020: Hamilton the Musical

Post by lgb87cape »

Yes, with Spicoli at the 7-11. Awesome totally Awesome. Alright Hamilton. ...
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I'd rather watch paint peel.
It ain't over until it's over.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Manfred wrote: July 16th, 2020, 2:07 pm I'd rather watch paint peel.
Out of curiosity what is the reason you say this?
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Manfred wrote: July 16th, 2020, 2:07 pm I'd rather watch paint peel.
Comment of the year contender.
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

Is this another movie about high school football?
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but.....the following were remakes of movies with an all-black cast or a black starring as the main character. Annie, Pollyanna, Steel Magnolias, Cinderella (with Whitney Houston and Whoopie), Karate Kid, Dr. Doolittle, The Wiz (with Michael Jackson and Diana Ross), and of course, BLACULA. Most of these were bombs. Did like the Nutty Professor, though. The music score from Hamilton did NOTHING for me. Hence did not see the movie, but saw some of the play.