Re: Fall Sports

Post by konjo78 »

I make the mistake in reading that. Totally my bad
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Yeah, no issue with the state denying this. This is a different time, there are several mid-west cities that could host the Blue Jays. It's obvious this was a deal with Nutting that was made. I just don't get why MLB wouldn't ask the state first since there are travel bans in tact.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

More bold, decisive leadership from the PIAA /s
https://tribhssn.triblive.com/no-locker ... -for-fall/
Linebacker55
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Linebacker55 »

^^^^
So it is perfectly fine to be in a locker room at any time, but halftime is a no no??
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Whatever skank Levine says goes. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts...absolutely!
It ain't over until it's over.
PsuDfense30
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PsuDfense30 »

Bringing this over from the Forest Hills thread that a Jr High soccer player tested positive for COVID and the whole team and staff need to quarantine 14 days with no team activities. So if a high school football player tests positive September 1st, I would assume high schools would make similar decision with the whole team then having to quarantine 14 days like this. Can't see how needing to do this, especially with being at school, would provide any clarity or certainty in a sports season. Essentially the whole season for every school would be week to week with possibly needing to forfeit 2 straight weeks if 1 student-athlete tests positive.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

You don't see why they have to quarantine? You serious?

Pa had 1200 new cases today reported. AC had 22 new hospitalizations, state had 230 hospitalizations in last 48 hours.

Like I said, when someone close to you dies, you will have a totally different perspective. If those around you are sick and at high rish with grand kids, you will have a different perspective.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

PaSportsGuy wrote: July 24th, 2020, 7:46 pm You don't see why they have to quarantine? You serious?

Pa had 1200 new cases today reported. AC had 22 new hospitalizations, state had 230 hospitalizations in last 48 hours.

Like I said, when someone close to you dies, you will have a totally different perspective. If those around you are sick and at high rish with grand kids, you will have a different perspective.
I think he underatands why they quarantine more about how can we expect to have actual sport seasons with this protocol in place. Not to mention it could also effect the opponent team they faced in the season to for having contact
PsuDfense30
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PsuDfense30 »

No, completely understand and agree with the need to quarantine. Like konjo said, I don't see how sports have any chance of happening when the whole team has to take a break for 2 weeks when a kid tests positive. Even without sports but just within schools, if a student tests positive I would think that students that have classes with that student need to quarantine. It's just going to be a crazy and unpredictable time period.

But PaSportsGuy, I was in no way making light that they shouldn't need to quarantine. In fact I have lost a family member to COVID and understand it's seriousness. I now live in NC and schools in more populated areas down here are going all-virtual for the start of the school year. We're not expecting any high school football down here this fall.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Having two Grand Kids in High School, this is my fear..

https://www.winknews.com/2020/07/17/hea ... 9-on-kids/

Even if school goes to on campus, I don't know if it is worth sending them this year. Might be a online year, but its up to my daughter and her husband.