McCort Wrestling

Shoot the half!!!
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Re: McCort Wrestling

Post by PAMDGrappler »

knowitall wrote: November 8th, 2021, 5:43 pm Bassett, who is a teacher in the Greater Johnstown School District, said he had no desire to coach at the high school level.

The above appeared in the Tribune Democrat after the current Bishop McCort coach was fired as junior high coach at Forest Hills.

Perhaps Bishop McCort should have hired someone else?
What Bassett meant is that he had no desire to coach at the high school level unless he could hand pick his team from across the country. This whole thing was planned out well in advance, dating back to when his brother was hired to oversee that new blended academy a while back. Bassett wanted the FH job but failed at different angles to get Jake Strayer out. He then thought he could circumvent the rules by taking his show to a private school and starting in middle school with the fall back plan of crying "bullying/racism" or "COVID" if anyone questioned anything; two hot-button topics in education that no one would ever dare challenge. Just look at the number of kids who followed this pathway: home school --> Forest Hills --> Bishop McCort; and all the transfers were either bullied or weren't having their educational needs met during the COVID pandemic. Coincidence?

On a side note, to my knowledge, none of the individuals were removed from BM as a punishment, so if the parents were truly seeking a better educational setting for their children, they should be happy that they can still enjoy that. This public uproar from the parents seems to support the overwhelming opinion that these families chose BM for the wrestling team and Bassett (which is just perplexing in itself)!
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

El-Moldo wrote:Tell me. Why do you fire a coach who just had an undefeated season, in any sport? All coaches at FH are reviewed at the end of the school year, and are asked if they are going to return. During the jr high wrestling interview, questions arose and the board recommended that the position in question was to be re-opened. Anyone interested could apply.
https://www.tribdem.com/sports/bassett- ... 3df5c.html

Article on the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

PAMDGrappler wrote: November 9th, 2021, 10:49 am
knowitall wrote: November 8th, 2021, 5:43 pm Bassett, who is a teacher in the Greater Johnstown School District, said he had no desire to coach at the high school level.

The above appeared in the Tribune Democrat after the current Bishop McCort coach was fired as junior high coach at Forest Hills.

Perhaps Bishop McCort should have hired someone else?
What Bassett meant is that he had no desire to coach at the high school level unless he could hand pick his team from across the country. This whole thing was planned out well in advance, dating back to when his brother was hired to oversee that new blended academy a while back. Bassett wanted the FH job but failed at different angles to get Jake Strayer out. He then thought he could circumvent the rules by taking his show to a private school and starting in middle school with the fall back plan of crying "bullying/racism" or "COVID" if anyone questioned anything; two hot-button topics in education that no one would ever dare challenge. Just look at the number of kids who followed this pathway: home school --> Forest Hills --> Bishop McCort; and all the transfers were either bullied or weren't having their educational needs met during the COVID pandemic. Coincidence?

On a side note, to my knowledge, none of the individuals were removed from BM as a punishment, so if the parents were truly seeking a better educational setting for their children, they should be happy that they can still enjoy that. This public uproar from the parents seems to support the overwhelming opinion that these families chose BM for the wrestling team and Bassett (which is just perplexing in itself)!
This! But what I don't understand is why build a team with kids from all over the country (under the guise of a blended academy--so you don't have to be there in-person all week), but go SMALL school division? They want to brag all the time on facebook about chasing 'lions', but choose to compete with the CT, Juniata Valleys, and Everetts of the wrestling world? Kinda soft if you ask me. Go Prep, but then again, a couple of them might not be able to be 4-timers like Coach needs them to be.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Was told that the youngest Bassett still attends Forest Hills, can any one confirm. I was recently shown a post by the older that states that FH culture is toxic. Why let younger brother stay if situation is toxic?
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

How much stock can we put into the opinion of recently transferred 8th grader Bassett about toxic culture at FH. A little biased don't you think? And yes the younger brother is still a FH.
CRWizard
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRWizard »

I see lots of comments about letting the kids wrestle. What bothers me is how this negatively affects others schools in team races. Gibsons and bassetts were going to get their individual state medals no matter what school they attend. The PIAA should ban Bishop McCort from competing in team events or earning a team score.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Amen.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

I believe they just got the bombshell that D6 gave them plus some!
https://www.pennlive.com/highschoolspor ... ogram.html
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I expected Bassett's one year suspension to stand. I expected the three year postseason ban to be reduced or completely overturned. Wow.