Freshman

LHAC going up in flames?

Post by ShouldaCouldaWoulda »

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC going up in flames?

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I wouldn’t say up in flames at all. However I do see changes coming. I’d look for Tyrone to come on board soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ICCFan »

Is the ICC the only league with any stability anymore??

Is the old Somerset County League going to reform with Somerset or what?

Tyrone goes nowhere without a guarantee that they can play their football opener vs Bellwood every year. Think the LHAC, the same league that demands teams scrimmage inside the conference, is going to allow that for a newbie?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Somerset should be ashamed of itself. There is no excuse for that school putting its tail between its legs and running away.

I'm not sure what is going to become of the WestPAC for football. Are Meyersdale and North Star pining to play Somerset? Will they schedule the overmatched Fayette County schools that bailed on the WPIAL?
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

ICCFan wrote: December 8th, 2021, 12:25 pm Is the ICC the only league with any stability anymore??

Tyrone goes nowhere without a guarantee that they can play their football opener vs Bellwood every year. Think the LHAC, the same league that demands teams scrimmage inside the conference, is going to allow that for a newbie?
I agree we will not leave without being able to play B-A. The problem is these days are everybody wants to go undefeated and pat themselves on the back. By running away to easier competition. Then playoffs come and they get smoked. I'd rather have a loss or 2 and win districts then have that hollow undefeated season and out 1st round.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:
ICCFan wrote: December 8th, 2021, 12:25 pm Is the ICC the only league with any stability anymore??

I agree we will not leave without being able to play B-A. The problem is these days are everybody wants to go undefeated and pat themselves on the back. By running away to easier competition. Then playoffs come and they get smoked. I'd rather have a loss or 2 and win districts then have that hollow undefeated season and out 1st round.
I agree with the last part of your post. Heard rumors leading up to the game that Somerset was hesitant on even coming to Central the last week of the regular season. I still think Tyrone surprises some and makes the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: December 8th, 2021, 12:38 pm

I think most would agree with this, but what stinks is that until they change the playoff formula, there’s no incentive to play in a hard conference besides getting experience for playoffs. But this doesn’t matter if you don’t make playoffs anyways. CC this year was IMO at least the 3rd best team in AA if healthy and didn’t make playoffs. BG was maybe the 5th/6th best team in the conference and are now playing in the state final. But beating a 6 win BG team is valued nearly as much as a 2 win Bellefonte team and less than a 5 win Tyrone team by a AA team.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I just wish teams would just be like so be it we play harder teams it is what it is. Coach Franco doesn't care like when he put Pius X on the schedule boy that was a hell of a drive. But the motto was we will play whoever whenever. In my opinion that's how your program gets better. At 1st you might take the beatings but you can learn from them more than beating everyone by 50.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

The solution to all of the conference issues is simple, play by classification! Non public’s should at the very least, play up one classification!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

reugenev wrote: December 8th, 2021, 6:29 pm The solution to all of the conference issues is simple, play by classification! Non public’s should at the very least, play up one classification!
It’s not all that simple, it would be a travel nightmare for all sports. Who wants to make the drive from Cresson to Juniata for a mid week basketball game? It’s easy for a small district which is why it works for the WPIAL but that’s about it.