Shot Clock In H.S. Basketball Yes or No

Hardwood chatter
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Shot Clock In H.S. Basketball Yes or No

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Manfred wrote: March 24th, 2022, 5:57 pm So you're saying a superintendant for a double handful of schools should be paid more than POTUS? Ri-dam-diculous.
Lol there are a lot of people that get paid more then him. There is a lot of ppl in our area that make more then our president does. Can’t get mad at people that are more successful then others. I’m sure you’re ok with all the pro athletes getting millions a year for playing a game? Or how about a college kid signing an NIL deal for a couple million, before they even take a snap, or put up a shot, throws their first pitch?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote: March 24th, 2022, 5:02 pm
knowitall wrote: March 24th, 2022, 2:54 pm There are 43 public school districts in District 6. How much would you have to pay one person to be superintendent of 43 different schools?
250k better then paying 43 of them 100k each.

You would be paying the head guy at least $500k and then each school would have at least one assistant making $100k. Instead of saving money, you’re spending more.

Now back to paying for shot clocks for high school
Basketball.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

?? The superintendents down south make less then 200k per district. And that’s what the principal is for, who btw already makes 100k too.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I know for a fact Portage School district has 5 admins that make over 100k. That’s just the ones I know about. I’d be willing to make a wager that every other school in this area is in the same boat.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Wow, that took a turn. Went from should high school basketball in PA have a shot clock to how do we eliminate multiple superintendent positions in the state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

HSD6FAN wrote: March 24th, 2022, 10:38 pm Wow, that took a turn. Went from should high school basketball in PA have a shot clock to how do we eliminate multiple superintendent positions in the state?

That’s a way for all the schools to afford a shot clock.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote: March 24th, 2022, 6:06 pm
Manfred wrote: March 24th, 2022, 5:57 pm So you're saying a superintendant for a double handful of schools should be paid more than POTUS? Ri-dam-diculous.
Lol there are a lot of people that get paid more then him. There is a lot of ppl in our area that make more then our president does. Can’t get mad at people that are more successful then others. I’m sure you’re ok with all the pro athletes getting millions a year for playing a game? Or how about a college kid signing an NIL deal for a couple million, before they even take a snap, or put up a shot, throws their first pitch?
I don't give a flying fig about ANY pro athlete, any sport. My interests are the amateur athlete in HS or college who at the present are playing to become better at their sport . They are all games. No athlete is worth more than 1 Mil for playing a game.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote: March 24th, 2022, 10:40 pm
HSD6FAN wrote: March 24th, 2022, 10:38 pm Wow, that took a turn. Went from should high school basketball in PA have a shot clock to how do we eliminate multiple superintendent positions in the state?

That’s a way for all the schools to afford a shot clock.
Now that I will agree with. :ymapplause:
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Girls 5A State Championship:

Cardinal O'Hara 8
Chartiers Valley 2
After 1Q
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Manfred wrote: March 25th, 2022, 8:28 am
GoldenRamsFAN wrote: March 24th, 2022, 6:06 pm
I don't give a flying fig about ANY pro athlete, any sport. My interests are the amateur athlete in HS or college who at the present are playing to become better at their sport . They are all games. No athlete is worth more than 1 Mil for playing a game.
Interesting. So where do you think the money from pro sports should go if not to the athletes generating that income?