PIAA approves NIL for High School players.

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PIAA approves NIL for High School players.

Post by ChrisKentRam »

We don’t have teams from around here that have competed for and/or won state championships? Don’t you think these teams might be hurt by NIL when another team somewhere in the state benefits from it?
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

And again getting paid is not the purpose of high school athletics. It’s about the lifelong lessons they teach!!!!!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Learning your value, in which most cases for high school athletes is nothing for the skills they offer at that level, is a valuable lesson too.

Bunch of people getting upset about nothing. The big time programs already offer $60,000+ a year scholarships to big time athletes. They already have a distinct advantage if they want to "replace" a star.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Pennsylvania is pretty tame in terms of player movement in comparison to other states. Florida is basically the wild west for example...But if there are large scale player transfers across the state due to NIL, you can tell me how wrong I was.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

ChrisKentRam wrote: July 20th, 2022, 9:17 am And again getting paid is not the purpose of high school athletics. It’s about the lifelong lessons they teach!!!!!
LOL! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

:ymblushing:
Crimson's Ghost wrote: July 20th, 2022, 6:59 am
ChrisKentRam wrote: July 19th, 2022, 11:31 pm Was there ever a doubt Crimson wouldn’t have a problem with this lol. I have no problem with it in college, but this is not the purpose of high school athletics. It has no place in high school athletics, and that’s without even getting into it helping the privates and charters.
Yea, I just don't see this affecting the local D5 and D6 scene much. We're going on like 6 years of there not being a Power 5 football player from this area. Who is commanding NIL money around here?
Shamar Jones may be the most recent P5 player and that’s been 5 years. But these are high school kids, wouldn’t take a lot of money. $1-5k for doing “anything” is definitely affordable for many big players in our area. An easy guise if you ask me that opens the door for loyal alumni who are unhealthily loyal to their high school
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

This is GREAT news! Its about Freedom. They should have the freedom to profit off of their success and hard work. Of course, there will be naysayers. The entire reason for the NIL is that the NCAA knows how much $$$$$$$$ they make and they don't want to share so a new avenue was opened up for kids. Again, a great decision. For example, maybe some top level HS Baseball prospects get some NIL money while in school and will now choose college and rather than get drafted and get paid peanuts while chasing a dream. After all, these kids put in a lot of work with no guarantee while the camps, clinics, and travel orgs make tons of money exploiting them.
wallpaper
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by wallpaper »

I’m original from PA and now live in GA. Not sure how they are handling this. A lot of legit athletic down here.