McCort Wrestling

Shoot the half!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: McCort Wrestling

Post by Manfred »

It was an out of state event where he can roam free and do as he likes. Not PIAA.
It ain't over until it's over.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

reugenev wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:29 am I’m confused! I thought BM’s coach was suspended for 3 years, but I saw him on the news coaching the BM kids, while wearing a McCort tee shirt?!?!?
They do as they please anyway but they disguise it well under their many subsidiaries
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

I think he is only suspended from PIAA sponsored events.
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Is McCort still paying him?
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Rumor has it McCort going prep. That's where they belong. Too much ego from Bassett to sit on sidelines 2 more years and not be in the spotlight for coaching. Suspension won't carry over to.prep.

And why on earth would anyone send their kid to this sh!tshow--especially from 15 hours away?
highschoolfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by highschoolfan »

Because many of these families and parents have egos just like the coach and school admin. They deserve each other if they seek out this cesspool of an institution. It’s all about ME and Look what I did. Meanwhile around here in D6 we have recent state champs (even 3 timers) that put the work in quietly, move in silence, carry themselves respectfully, get the awards, win, and go onto the next level all without plastering social media, newspapers, and news stations to promote every single thing they do. It is ridiculous to watch that group of media and attention craving narcissists. Let’s celebrate the kids doing things the right way (acting like they’ve been there before). McCort wrestling going prep would be such a blessing for our area. They can then go compete against other super teams formed the same way they were rather than wrestling against A and AA local schools. Also, then they couldn’t blame PIAA for having those crazy things called RULES and heaven forbid having the audacity to enforce them at the end of the day. Go prep, enjoy the ride, please be sure to keep updating our area on each medal, trophy, meal, and workout along the way because if McCort left the PIAA, our student athletes wouldn’t know that kids work hard or do things. We NEED McCort!!!!!!
highschoolfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by highschoolfan »

Because many of these families and parents have egos just like the coach and school admin. They deserve each other if they seek out this cesspool of an institution. It’s all about ME and Look what I did. Meanwhile around here in D6 we have recent state champs (even 3 timers) that put the work in quietly, move in silence, carry themselves respectfully, get the awards, win, and go onto the next level all without plastering social media, newspapers, and news stations to promote every single thing they do. It is ridiculous to watch that group of media and attention craving narcissists. Let’s celebrate the kids doing things the right way (acting like they’ve been there before). McCort wrestling going prep would be such a blessing for our area. They can then go compete against other super teams formed the same way they were rather than wrestling against A and AA local schools. Also, then they couldn’t blame PIAA for having those crazy things called RULES and heaven forbid having the audacity to enforce them at the end of the day. Go prep, enjoy the ride, please be sure to keep updating our area on each medal, trophy, meal, and workout along the way because if McCort left the PIAA, our student athletes wouldn’t know that kids work hard or do things. We NEED McCort!!!!!!
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

can they go prep in just one sport?
"I'm your huckleberry"
longball5
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by longball5 »

Saw a wrestling stud at 106 for McCort? From Florida? I think prep would be a good move for all.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

And this is why I got out of coaching. Parents anymore have no ethics or values, as long as they think their kid will get better. Why on gods earth would anyone send their child from 6 states away to a program with the drama and publicized scrutiny as this one? Not sure of the age of this FL wrestler, but now he will have to miss at least one year of his HS career too. MC now has a roster with about 5 different states? For a coach and program that likes to 'chase lions', they are really challenging themselves staying in AA, huh?