AAABA

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: AAABA

Post by Manfred »

That is the least of improvements that need to be made to improve fans enjoyment. Don't get me started.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Manfred wrote: August 5th, 2022, 9:20 am That is the least of improvements that need to be made to improve fans enjoyment. Don't get me started.
But it's also probably the easiest fix, because the scoreboard is in place and always worked before.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I'd rather be able to hear what is coming over the POS P.A. speakers, not have to stand in line outside the gates when I have an all-game week-long pass, not have to take out a loan to buy concessions, and to actually have concessionaire options like they had just the past couple years on the terrace before the Mill Rats came to town. Pizza....CANS of soda for $1.....other food options. At least the lower first base concourse didn't stink like the West End sewage plant this year. But hey, they'll soon have a $100K+ media center that sells beer out of the rear of it. I'm done with this topic. For now.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The new press box actually makes the stadium sort of look somewhat completed all these years later. Having a permanent structure instead of two little sheds certainly helps make it look like a real stadium.

I can’t see the Mill Rats lasting much longer considering their attendance, but I’ll give them credit they helped get new lights, new turf, new scoreboard, and a new press box so far.

The Gameday operation with the lack of concessions certainly needs work on their part, but the cosmetics of the place got a nice and much needed facelift at least in the past year.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

George Arcurio estimated 300-400 Altoona fans attended Wednesday night’s game. If so, that was 370-380 more than those in attendance at Thursday afternoon’s game. Brooklyn had more fans.

I didn’t think New Orleans brought as many fans as it normally does either.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

New Orleans wins 5-1.

Johnstown trailed 2-1 in the eighth inning before giving up a three spot in the bottom of the inning.

The atmosphere in the park was like it was a Tuesday night game against Schenectady. Sigh.