Re: 10/28 Scores

Post by LeeCorso »

Berlin 28-0 at half
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Wow, no one complaining about big ole Berlin beating up on little single A Penns Manor like they did back in the day when LV was owning the Westpac in crossover games.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Enrollment figures per PIAA website:

Penns Manor 78
Berlin 61

Berlin is AA due to it’s co-ops with Rockwood (85) and Shanksville (24). I wonder how many football players both schools contribute.
Justafullonfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Justafullonfan »

Did you go to the game Pm played horrible they just gave up Berlin is a beatable team Pm. Had no go in them. And ALOT of the guys are banged up this game ment nothing to either team. Not sure why with nothing on the line both team just didn't play jv and rest the starters
LigonierFanClub
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LigonierFanClub »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: October 29th, 2022, 10:15 pm Wow, no one complaining about big ole Berlin beating up on little single A Penns Manor like they did back in the day when LV was owning the Westpac in crossover games.
Long time reader, first time commenting

Can you stop giving us a bad rap? We were nearly AAA at the time dominating our conference. Would’ve preferred to go to the LHAC since I work in that direction, but greener pastures are nice either way.

Berlin is only AA because of co-op and still barely AA. Nobody complained about NBC beating Cambria Heights either. I don’t think as many people would’ve complained about us being as large as we were in the conference if you weren’t on here talking smack. I tell my kids to always let the play on the field do the talking. Tough enough without painting a larger target on their backs. Stay classy for all our sakes.

Go Rams!
footballguy99
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by footballguy99 »

knowitall wrote: October 29th, 2022, 11:22 pm Enrollment figures per PIAA website:

Penns Manor 78
Berlin 61

Berlin is AA due to it’s co-ops with Rockwood (85) and Shanksville (24). I wonder how many football players both schools contribute.
I’m not sure on Shanksville, but I know Rockwood is actually bigger than Berlin right now and probably half the starters come from there. Since Rockwood is the bigger part of the co-op, the PIAA counts all of their enrollment and half of Berlin’s. Successful co-ops are tough, and Berlin almost landed in class A. I wonder why the PIAA only counts half when anyone can participate. It must be so schools accept the co-op school and don’t let other teams hanging.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I left when it was 35-0 @ 3/4 mark. Berlin is actually 3 over the limit from being single A even with the co-op. PM shot themselves in the foot from the start of the game. Who was supposed to cover #4? Wide open all night. Berlin would be competitive in the LHAC, maybe second tier or mid-pack.
It ain't over until it's over.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Berlin v Bedford, sounds like one to pencil on the calendar, hope Ressler is back
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Manfred wrote: October 30th, 2022, 7:25 am I left when it was 35-0 @ 3/4 mark. Berlin is actually 3 over the limit from being single A even with the co-op. PM shot themselves in the foot from the start of the game. Who was supposed to cover #4? Wide open all night. Berlin would be competitive in the LHAC, maybe second tier or mid-pack.
Looks like we’ll find out next week