2023 LHAC Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2023 LHAC Football

Post by Manfred »

LeeCorso wrote: August 18th, 2023, 7:18 am Bishop Guilfoyle at Bald Eagle week 1 interests me a lot.

Also transfer does not wrestle Manfred. This is a football transfer that impacts Chestnut Ridge. It does follow a pattern with CR wrestling which is interesting but it does not involve wrestling whatsoever.
Thanks for the clarification. The thread was headed in the direction of wrestling, thus my previous comment. Week 4, Rangers @ Ridge. AFAIK, the only place nearby for any kind of food is "The Cow" near Alum Bank (Pleasantville), but not sure when they close the doors for winter. BYOB.
It ain't over until it's over.
Elderlyeagle
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Elderlyeagle »

Blueandwhitefan wrote: August 17th, 2023, 7:05 pm So back to football. Any suggestions for a good opening week game? A group of us travel to the good ones. Suggestions for local places with good wings, burgers, and cold beer near that game will also be accepted.
Tyrone at Clearfield wk 1

Denny’s beer barrel pub, (order ahead if you’re planning on one of their monster burgers 2&1/2lbs or bigger)… their wings are good too
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Ty. I have a camp near Clearfield. Dennys is good. So is the Penfield fireman's club. Great wings and a nice place just to have a beer. 10 a year dues. I'm thinking one of those two games.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Clearfield @ FH Week 2. Morris's Tavern across from the field is the main watering hole in the area, with smaller 'Smiley's' Tavern a mile closer to 219. Fri. fish fry's always ensure a busy dinner time esp. in football season.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Penn Cambria @ Richland, week 1. Jake's in the Galleria is a nice sports bar with good food.
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Colonel Mustard wrote: August 19th, 2023, 7:38 am Penn Cambria @ Richland, week 1. Jake's in the Galleria is a nice sports bar with good food.
That's a good one too. And closer. I love Jake's. We go there year around. Great food and great service.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Forgot to mention for the Clearfield folks: Labor Day weekend is always the Forest Hills Heritage/ Fireman's Festival at the little park across from the fire hall. Rt. 869 from 219 will be heavily congested with traffic, festival go-ers beginning their setups on Fri. eve. Not as busy as Sat. or Sun., but moving equipment, tents, canopies, goods for sale will still tie up/ slow down traffic. Alternatively, coming through Portage using Rt. 53, then the "back" way to Sidman/ Beaverdale will avoid that.
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Rumorman78 »

The new sport's fields at Claysburg-kimmel are unbelievable. It reminds me of what you might see at a small college, not at a single A school. One of the fans told me it was done at a cost of between 5- 7 million , and they still have more to do in adding of additional parking lots ,a fully furnished training facility Bldg., new snack stands and a turf practice field. Taxpayers, must have a lot of money to spend.
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Rumorman78 »

Sorry for placing my comments about CK sports field under this thread, wanted to put under scrimmage results.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

No problem, as it related to this past Sat. scrimmages there. Don't forget Mr. Sheetz has a very large warehouse across the highway with deep pockets. And Martin's Oil, a competitor, is the only sponsor listed on their new scoreboard. Yes, a Primo facility esp. for a single-A. Increases options for playoff venues.