Ineligible Player on Sidelines??

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
everett
Junior
Junior

Ineligible Player on Sidelines??

Post by everett »

So, in follow-up to the Athletic Transfer topic, I was just told that one of the Ineligible Players being talked about in the article has been seen roaming the sidelines during CR games, even going as far to take the field during stretches. Kid is on the sidelines the entire game, and in a game jersey?!?!?!

I thought if you were ruled ineligible, you absolutely cannot be with the team, on the sidelines, and definately not on the field during warm-ups!!!!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ineligible Player on Sidelines??

Post by CCDevil2012 »

As far as I know, you can be on the side line and even wearing a jersey as long as you're not in full uniform. As for whether or not they're allowed on the sideline and to travel with team seems to be a school by school decision/policy.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

everett wrote: October 12th, 2023, 10:39 am
I thought if you were ruled ineligible, you absolutely cannot be with the team, on the sidelines, and definately not on the field during warm-ups!!!!
I don't think that's a thing.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: October 12th, 2023, 11:43 am
everett wrote: October 12th, 2023, 10:39 am
I don't think that's a thing.
A friend out east had a son that was ineligible during Bball season (most def athletic intent lol), and his coaches told him if he attended games, his dad had to bring him, and he could not sit on the bench. School let him sit in on practices, but wasn't allowed to be part of the team at any games or functions.

Maybe that was a 'school' rule, but sounded like reasonable means to handle someone ineligible? I know I talked with several parents that noticed this player (CR) on the sidelines during a couple games this year, and all had the same 'why is he allowed to be there' response.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Hmm, I'll try and research it more then. But because the PIAA has now started ruling players eligible for regular season contests and ineligible for postseason, I don't think once the playoffs roll around that individual is barred from sitting with the team. But maybe they are.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

If you are ineligible, you are not allowed to participate in game contests with other schools.

If you’ve transferred schools and are attending school there, why wouldn’t you be allowed to be a manager or statistician for the team? You are still a member of the school.

If a student wasn’t allowed to do this, it would be a school rule, not a directive from the PIAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

everett wrote: October 12th, 2023, 10:39 am So, in follow-up to the Athletic Transfer topic, I was just told that one of the Ineligible Players being talked about in the article has been seen roaming the sidelines during CR games, even going as far to take the field during stretches. Kid is on the sidelines the entire game, and in a game jersey?!?!?!

What is your infatuation with CR? You need to get a hobby and move on!! :))
District5Fan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by District5Fan »

GoDragons wrote: October 13th, 2023, 2:41 pm
everett wrote: October 12th, 2023, 10:39 am So, in follow-up to the Athletic Transfer topic, I was just told that one of the Ineligible Players being talked about in the article has been seen roaming the sidelines during CR games, even going as far to take the field during stretches. Kid is on the sidelines the entire game, and in a game jersey?!?!?!

Well, when another school is better than you in every sport, except maybe softball, it’s understandable that some jealousy does form, lol.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Funny how times have changed. Ten to fifteen years ago it was the CR fans crying about athletes moving into the Bedford district.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

District5Fan wrote: October 13th, 2023, 4:01 pm
GoDragons wrote: October 13th, 2023, 2:41 pm

Well, when another school is better than you in every sport, except maybe softball, it’s understandable that some jealousy does form, lol.

Well, we are a tiny Single-A school, so I would surely hope a larger AA school would in fact be better, lol. One thing I can hang my hat on is we have kids that are home-grown, and came up in our systems. No kids from D6, West Virginia, Delaware, or some House on the Prairie 'Christian' school where parents can dodge the system, and claim 'academic related' (even though I think that school graduates like 10 kids per year, lol).

Maybe parents just need to realize their kid wasn't as good as they thought, and played the position they were best suited for, instead of throwing an ego trip, and stomping their feet when things didn't go their way??? Now, that unfortunate kid is sitting on the sidelines all season, and likely will still not even play the position that mom and dad think he should, even next season.