Athletic transfers draws concerns

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
bedford0610
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Athletic transfers draws concerns

Post by bedford0610 »

See the difference between me and some of you jealous individuals is that because your kids will NEVER be the athlete that these wrestlers are you can't be happy for them. I live in Bedford. My kid has been directly affected by Bedford's "Favoritism" and as a fellow acquaintance Jordan Astorino put best "DADDY BALL" starts at an extremely young age. Transfers have been happening for a long time, prime example CASSIDY went from Bedford to Bishop McCourt and then transferred to ridge to better his wrestling advancements. Or the girl from Chestnut Ridge that goes to Bedford to play soccer because the soccer teams are unbelievable here. As a parent we all do what is best for our kids and anyone who says any different is obviously a terrible parent or you are lying to yourself to cover your envious nature.
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

Transferred to the Bedford Foundation Christian Academy for academic reasons? I wonder what AP courses and the latest and greatest technology the academy offers that Bedford does not?
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

They offer a co-op to ridge is the AP course everyone is after. They found a cute this loop hole.
bedford0610
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bedford0610 »

old school wrote: October 14th, 2023, 9:02 pm Transferred to the Bedford Foundation Christian Academy for academic reasons? I wonder what AP courses and the latest and greatest technology the academy offers that Bedford does not?
Last time I checked Bedford wasn’t an Ivy League institution. Most of our founding fathers educated themselves. The environment in which one is educated is important, everyone is different. Maybe that environment wasn’t the best suited for him/her, what’s wrong with changing it to better suit his/her needs
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

bedford0610 wrote: October 15th, 2023, 10:05 pm
old school wrote: October 14th, 2023, 9:02 pm Transferred to the Bedford Foundation Christian Academy for academic reasons? I wonder what AP courses and the latest and greatest technology the academy offers that Bedford does not?
Last time I checked Bedford wasn’t an Ivy League institution. Most of our founding fathers educated themselves. The environment in which one is educated is important, everyone is different. Maybe that environment wasn’t the best suited for him/her, what’s wrong with changing it to better suit his/her needs
Founding Fathers?!?! WTF are you talking about? But, aside from this asinine response, you completely lost credibility with the 'my kid has been directly affected by the Bedford Favortism' line. Here at Everett we have it, CR has it, NBC has it, so this is not mutually exclusive to just Bedford. But, you know what, talent will put your kid in the game, regardless of 'who' your parents are. But my guess, is your kid didn't like his position, so daddy pulled him and sent him to a 12-student graduating class for academic reasons, lol.

And who TF is Jordan Astorino?! Are we supposed to know who that is?
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

bedford0610 wrote: October 14th, 2023, 12:53 pm See the difference between me and some of you jealous individuals is that because your kids will NEVER be the athlete that these wrestlers are you can't be happy for them. I live in Bedford. My kid has been directly affected by Bedford's "Favoritism" and as a fellow acquaintance Jordan Astorino put best "DADDY BALL" starts at an extremely young age. Transfers have been happening for a long time, prime example CASSIDY went from Bedford to Bishop McCourt and then transferred to ridge to better his wrestling advancements. Or the girl from Chestnut Ridge that goes to Bedford to play soccer because the soccer teams are unbelievable here. As a parent we all do what is best for our kids and anyone who says any different is obviously a terrible parent or you are lying to yourself to cover your envious nature.

When did we stop teaching our kids to be so good at something that the coach has no choice, but to play you? The favoritism thing is hilarious to me. Every coach wants to win. If your kid was that good they would be a favorite. If your kid wants to be a favorite then they should be that good at their sport, and I promise your kid will be a coach's favorite. Also, isn't daddy ball when your kid isn't as good as other kids so you just make your own team so they can play? AKA transfer to another school where they will get to play? LOL
bedford0610
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bedford0610 »

DC, I’m truly sorry you couldn’t comprehend that our founding fathers were some of the brightest men to stand in this nation. And they didn’t need/have the technology that we do now. And your wrong talent isn’t the only thing, kids often waste it without a good positive working environment suited for them.
We are planning accordingly for our kids future. I’ll keep you in the loop. Sorry I struck a nerve.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

When did we stop teaching our kids to be so good at something that the coach has no choice, but to play you? The favoritism thing is hilarious to me. Every coach wants to win. If your kid was that good they would be a favorite. If your kid wants to be a favorite then they should be that good at their sport, and I promise your kid will be a coach's favorite. Also, isn't daddy ball when your kid isn't as good as other kids so you just make your own team so they can play? AKA transfer to another school where they will get to play? LOL
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

ChrisKentRam wrote: October 16th, 2023, 10:03 am When did we stop teaching our kids to be so good at something that the coach has no choice, but to play you? The favoritism thing is hilarious to me. Every coach wants to win. If your kid was that good they would be a favorite. If your kid wants to be a favorite then they should be that good at their sport, and I promise your kid will be a coach's favorite. Also, isn't daddy ball when your kid isn't as good as other kids so you just make your own team so they can play? AKA transfer to another school where they will get to play? LOL
Exactly, coaches are paid to win.

Dad's ego is the cause for several of these situations, and it only hurts the kid.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I have to read this topic with total amusement, because not once was the Catholics mentioned or compared!
It ain't over until it's over.