Week 9 scores?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Week 9 scores?

Post by Manfred »

Halftime FH 40 Somerset 0, NBC 28 Windber 0.
It ain't over until it's over.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Week 9 scores?

Post by LeeCorso »

Westy vs CC update?

Also what happened at Richland that they stopped the game. If Bedford0610 is done complaining about daddy ball maybe he can comment?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Central 27
Clearfield 21

Good game ended with Central intercepting a pass on the goal line with 1 second remaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

With like 1:48 left in the game #55 for CR stomped on a Richland players stomach and walked over him which started to set the other players off. The Richland coaches ran out and cleared their players to their sideline to keep it from escalating. The game was over at that point so Bailey and Shumaker met with the ref and they decided to call the game.
#55 for Ridge was ejected and I would imagine the nature of the foul will mean a 2 game suspension for the kid. The PIAA is very strict when it comes to ejections due to physical contact.
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

Oh, and Richland lost their back-up QB in the 4th quarter. Heard it is a season ending leg injury. They are down to their 3rd string QB now.

McCracken left the game in the 4th with what appeared to be an ankle injury as well.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

coachcarter wrote: October 21st, 2023, 12:13 am With like 1:48 left in the game #55 for CR stomped on a Richland players stomach and walked over him which started to set the other players off.
#55 for Ridge was ejected and I would imagine the nature of the foul will mean a 2 game suspension for the kid. The PIAA is very strict when it comes to ejections due to physical contact.
Is there a statewide PIAA rule that governs this? If not, who has jurisdiction in this case? District 5 or District 6?
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

If you are referring to the 2 game suspension that is PIAA. Any physical contact ejection (punches, kicks, etc) is 2 game suspension automatic now. Refs can also choose to upgrade a regular ejection to 2 games if they deem it necessary. This also covers derogatory language to referees. I saw a baseball coach get 2 games for telling an ump that he was terrible that day after the game was over. (The ump was terrible but the coach had been on him all game so I think it was justified in that situation lol)

Ejections can also roll over seasons. I remember hearing about a coach many years back being ejected from a playoff game and he had to serve it the first game of the following season since they lost and were done.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

coachcarter wrote: October 21st, 2023, 12:13 am With like 1:48 left in the game #55 for CR stomped on a Richland players stomach and walked over him which started to set the other players off. The Richland coaches ran out and cleared their players to their sideline to keep it from escalating. The game was over at that point so Bailey and Shumaker met with the ref and they decided to call the game.
He also told the Ref to 'suck his d**k' after getting flagged. Literally no place for this type of behavior, and from the couple of CR parents I talked with last night, this is not his first time either.

Ruined an otherwise great game.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

everett wrote: October 21st, 2023, 8:34 am
coachcarter wrote: October 21st, 2023, 12:13 am With like 1:48 left in the game #55 for CR stomped on a Richland players stomach and walked over him which started to set the other players off. The Richland coaches ran out and cleared their players to their sideline to keep it from escalating. The game was over at that point so Bailey and Shumaker met with the ref and they decided to call the game.
He also told the Ref to 'suck his d**k' after getting flagged. Literally no place for this type of behavior, and from the couple of CR parents I talked with last night, this is not his first time either.

Ruined an otherwise great game.
Sounds like CR’s administration needs to impose some discipline of its own on top of the PIAA.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Trib said Richland finished the game to the point of stoppage with its 4th stringer Qb. W/ the Kraken getting hurt, it doesn't bode well for the Rams next week. Smart to stop the game. I have to actually agree w/ knowitall's last statement.
It ain't over until it's over.