SCA. Westinghouse

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: SCA. Westinghouse

Post by Husker33 »

I thought that Tussey was AA for the next cycle?

My understanding was NBC, Windber, CT, and Meyersdale where all A.

My understanding of Westinghouse is PIttsburgh Public Schools have open enrollment and kids move freely within those schools in D8. For whatever reason they aren't considered transfers.

I believe District 5 AA has 5 or 6 teams for next cycle.

Is Everett really going to AAA?
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The 'House blew it.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Does 7 straight state titles warrant enough success points to move up a class for Southern Columbia. Or does that only apply to Aliquippa?
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

All AA coaches need join together and go to the PIAA about this, obviously there is a problem. I don't think that anyone can argue that they shouldn't be bumped up.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

5A is NBC, Township, Meyersdale, Windber
5AA is Bedford, Everett, Ridge, Tussey, Berlin, and North Star
5AAA is Somerset
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

If you’ve never been to States in person… Go.

S Columbia should have lost. They just are a machine. I think Steelton is right there with both of the teams from today. The line of SC didn’t look like they were going to be very good compared to previous years but they get it done. Westinghouse outplayed them outside of the first 5 minutes but it all counts. They are very well coached.

Aliquippa is on a completely different level than any of these teams. I wonder how many transfers they get from Grade 5 and on. Their size and speed and ability year after year is way above everyone on A-AAA right now. It’s not close. I’m pretty much done with the argument that they are just some small school playing up. No way. I just can’t buy that based on what I’ve seen play out. They are absolute dudes at every position.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

The thing is most years Southern Columbia looks like a double a school with double a size kids. Aliquippa on the other hand has an offensive line that usually looks like a division two school and multiple D1 skill players. Southern Columbia for the most part doesn't have Linemen that look like that.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Also, SC should play up.

They have proven that they are too good for AA. They would get beat in 4A for sure. They don’t have the team to play at that level. Aliquippa would smoke them. Quips -21.5 if they played next week.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

SC & Aliquippa played in 2015 in the 2A State Championship and SC beat them handily
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

That SC team was a lot tougher, and that Quips team weaker.
It ain't over until it's over.