Any turkey hunters out there?

Discuss all political matters here!
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Any turkey hunters out there?

Post by LionPride »

I enjoy hunting turkey's, and I love my Remington 11-87 semi auto turkey gun. This is the same gun that John Kerry was shown clumsily handling at a West Virginia ralley.

BTW - this same gun would be outlawed if a bill co-sponsered by John Kerry would have made it through the Senate. Today, I would be a law abiding citizen. If JK is elected and has his way, I'll become a criminal.

Think about it.
Last edited by LionPride on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Any turkey hunters out there?

Post by LionPride »

Here's an a portion of an article on the NRA website that I found very amusing. Any of you deer hunters out there hunt deer this way? :lol:

"Kerry hasn't exactly come across as John the Deerslayer. In Wisconsin, he said in an interview that he likes to "crawl around on my stomach," stalking deer with his double-barrel 12-gauge shotgun. Wisconsin hunters, who shoot deer with rifles from a blind or tree stand, found Kerry's a curious and unlikely technique. And the Kerry campaign responded to an Outdoor Life magazine query recently by saying that Kerry's favorite gun is a "Chinese assault rifle." After it was pointed out that private ownership of an automatic assault rifle without a $750 federal permit is a felony, the campaign quickly retracted the statement, insisting the favorite rifle was actually a bolt-action, 100-year-old "relic" from Russia."

He tries so hard to put on a face for everyone, but in the end, he's simply just a liberal Senator from Massachussetts trying to score political points with people he knows nothing about. As we've said before, he will do or say anything for political gain. No backbone whatsoever.
Last edited by LionPride on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Coveman
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Captain Coveman »

LP, I may be mistaken, but didn't the same Bill also attempt to ban Rem 860 and 870's? What sense does that make? I can understand a ban on fully auto weapons, but pump guns?
Last edited by Captain Coveman on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by LionPride »

I could be mistaken too, but I don't think pumps were part of that bill. The 11-87 is a semi-auto, and the bill was to ban semi and fully auto weapons. The classification of semi-auto covers a lot of guns that we use for hunting and self-protection.
Captain Coveman
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Captain Coveman »

I thought it included any guns that were also tied to police use such as the two I mentioned.
Last edited by Captain Coveman on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by LionPride »

That very well could be. I think I did hear something to that effect.
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by LionPride »

This should get Pennsylvanians fired up.

This year, John Kerry voted with his brother Ted Kennedy's bill to outlaw ALL center fire ammunition (Amendment 2619 to S.1805). Folks, 99% of deer hunters in the state of PA use center fire cartridges. In fact, only a handful of states require shotguns for deer hunting. Think about that a minute.

Did you also know that while campaigning, Kerry missed a lot of votes in the Senate. However, his first vote for the year was against protecting firearm manufacturers from predatory lawsuits. Now that alone should tell you something on 2 fronts. One, he is anti-gun and I don't care what the liberals on here say. Look at his record. And two, this is another example of him siding with trial lawyers.

How many of you blame gun manufacturers for crime? How many of you blame the criminals instead. People of Pennsylvania use common sense when making decisions like this.
CRplayer
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CRplayer »

i agree, if guns kill people then i should blame my pencil for mispelled words...
Last edited by CRplayer on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
thebackwall
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by thebackwall »

And if your pencil misspells words, then you need to sue the pencil company for making a faulty pencil :roll:. I swear, that man is off the wall on some of these issues!
Last edited by thebackwall on September 20th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
LionPride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by LionPride »

backwall - I see you're 18. I sure hope you are registered to vote and make it out to the election booth on Nov 2.

CRplayer - when you do turn 18, please do the same.

We need you younger guys/gals!!!!!