How are the girls jr high teams looking?

All the Jr High sports go here...
BOB221
Freshman
Freshman

How are the girls jr high teams looking?

Post by BOB221 »

How are the girl programs looking this year...i know that everett moved all of there 9th graders to Varsity...leaving two eighth graders and a bunch of seventh graders... witch means it will probably be a rebuilding year....how is everyone else looking..
Last edited by BOB221 on September 20th, 2011, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
soccerchick184
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: How is the girls jr high teams looking?

Post by soccerchick184 »

Wow, Everett moved ALL of their freshmen up? How many freshmen were there?

Ridge may have some trouble this year. All of their starters last year were freshmen except for Kaci Batzel and I heard she might be moving up? If so, they won't have much to work with. Most of the girls don't have the experience under their belt. I'd suggest to all of you 7th and 8th grade girls to find some good basketball clinics and camps. It will DEF. help to improve your skill and, of course, help you to get experience. Trust me on that one.
Last edited by soccerchick184 on September 20th, 2011, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chestnut Ridge Lions...let's step it up a notch this year! 8)

"My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging." - Hank Aaron

"To succeed...you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you." - Tony Dorsett
BOB221
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BOB221 »

I think that there was 6 that moved up...but i am not completly sure....but it's around that many.
Last edited by BOB221 on September 20th, 2011, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
sportsrus
Trophy King
Trophy King

Post by sportsrus »

Alot of the high school teams are finding themselves short of players and need to resort to moving up the freshmen to help make up a team, whether they are fundamentally ready for it or not. I know that there are quite a few of the area freshmen that are ready for the move and have joined the ranks of the varsity teams. I know that Everett and NBC both have a strong group of freshmen that will definately help out at this level. I support the move because these promising freshmen will gain the experience by playing JV and possibly seeing time in some varsity games. I think it is beneficial to move these girls up IF they are mentally, physically, and socially ready to take on the challenge because playing at this level is far different than playing Jr. High basketball. You are faced with A) playing with upperclassmen, who may or may not be more skilled, (but they have the attitude that they are, regardless) B) playing a much faster paced, and more physical game than they ever played at the Jr. High level C) playing a later game which makes for later nights and less time for schoolwork D) and playing at a much more competitive and serious level, which takes away alot of the fun that the Jr. High level is able to have. If these girls can handle it, I know they will prove themselves in the next couple of years. I myself will enjoy watching freshmen stand-outs develop, such as: Amy Miller, Macy Foor, Andrea Layton, Kayla Nave, Morgan Barkman, Danis Kilgore, Kelsey Barton, Catya Gilbert, Laura Beach, Brooke Over, and Kaci Batzel as well. I know this group can definately benefit from such a move.
Last edited by sportsrus on September 20th, 2011, 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
soccerchick184
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by soccerchick184 »

You made some really good points sportsrus. Most of it is mental. Most girls can handle it physically but it's difficult for them mentally. Most of the freshmen you named are, indeed, very skilled. Needless to say, for Ridge Kaci Batzel moved up to JV. I can remember playing against Amy Miller...she's an excellent athlete and really plays her heart out. She has some nice outside shots and 3 pointers also. Her height may not be the greatest but her talent should get her very far.
Last edited by soccerchick184 on September 20th, 2011, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chestnut Ridge Lions...let's step it up a notch this year! 8)

"My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging." - Hank Aaron

"To succeed...you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you." - Tony Dorsett
PantherB-Ball
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by PantherB-Ball »

nbc looks really good
Last edited by PantherB-Ball on September 20th, 2011, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
bdeeman2
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bdeeman2 »

i think everett is goin to have a good season tis yr they put up 31 runs against claysburg and 29 against forbs road i think there pitching is goin to be good and the rest of the team looks good to