Everett Softball

Ladies of the Diamond
aintyougonnaifieveraskya
Freshman
Freshman

Everett Softball

Post by aintyougonnaifieveraskya »

How does Everyone think Everett is going to do this year?
Last edited by aintyougonnaifieveraskya on April 30th, 2005, 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EAHSbaseball08
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Everett Softball

Post by EAHSbaseball08 »

I think Everett will be very good this year! They have an awesome pitcher and I think their defense is doing really good this year but there is always room for improvement!
aintyougonnaifieveraskya
Freshman
Freshman

From what I understand the Lady Warriors are doing pretty good! Keep it up girls! This could be the year for you girls!
Poofy
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Poofy »

Everett is a great team, but will they win the D5 Championship this year?
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
CoachK
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CoachK »

Hey poofy, they graduated to AA this year. They play in District 6 now for playoffs since District 5 doesn't have AA bracket.
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."
zonebreaker
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by zonebreaker »

I believe d5 does actually have a AA tournament this year or at least they should. A district needs 4 teams to hold a tournament. They currently have five--Everett, North Star, Windber, Bedford, and Chestnut Ridge. I assume the district would take advantage of this and hold their own tournament.

I checked the PIAA site and found that a spot is being held on the state bracket for the d5 first seed. They are set to play the d7 4th seed in the first round of the state playoffs, which is a relatively good draw. District 6 still only gets one team in the state playoffs--they will play the d7 second seed!

Anyway, Everett et al. should all hope I am right b/c it would be much harder to win a title competing with the likes of BEA, CC, and P-O.
zonebreaker
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by zonebreaker »

This vague reference might help--its from d5 minutes of a board meeting:

"A" Baseball and Softball - 8 plus .500 or above. "AA" Baseball and Softball - 3 plus .500 or above

I'm assuming this means that d5 is indeed holding a tournament in AA. The top 3 teams will qualify for it plus any others if they have a record of .500 or better.
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Sneakers »

Yep...expect Everett, Chestnut Ridge, Windber and maybe North Star to qualify and fight for a D-V championship.
aintyougonnaifieveraskya
Freshman
Freshman

congrads girls on capturing the SHL title... you girls have worked hard... keep it up! Good luck in playoffs!