Scores in '05

Ladies of the Diamond
arssites
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Scores in '05

Post by arssites »

Hyndman shutout Meyersdale tonight.
Men forget everything; women remember everything. That's why men need instant replays in sports. They've already forgotten what happened.
arssites
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by arssites »

Hyndman lost yet another heartbreaker...1-0 to Everett.
Men forget everything; women remember everything. That's why men need instant replays in sports. They've already forgotten what happened.
SoftballRocket6
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SoftballRocket6 »

Southern Huntingdon won against Claysburg 5-3. Our record now stands at 16-3
mjunkin
Senior
Senior

Post by mjunkin »

FM pulled off a quick win over McConnellsburg tonight...13-0 in 5 innings.
~ [font=Verdana]Megan[/font]

Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow.
zonebreaker
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by zonebreaker »

softballrocket-Are Southern Huntingdon and Mo Valley going to play again to decide the MAC A title? When would the game be, especially considering you'll be playing this Monday as well?
SoftballRocket6
Freshman
Freshman

As far as I know (and I'm giving you all the scoop here but it could change) if Mo Valley wins against Glendale tonight we will have to play Mo Valley Friday somewhere in Meyersdale at a Little League Field. That game will be for the MAC title, however we will then have to play them that Monday for the Districts and that game would be at our field (since we are higher seeded). Mo Valley asked though that instead of us playing them once for the title and once for the districts (that would be 4 times in one season we would have to play them) that we just play them Monday and who ever wins that game would count as both games being played. At this time I have no idea what we're going to do about it.

What do you guys think about it? Play twice or risk once? What would you rather do?
zonebreaker
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by zonebreaker »

Even though it seems somewhat excessive, I would play both games. They are for different purposes and should be treated as such. Conference championships are important in their own right and give teams something to hang their hat on instead of it all coming down to just Districts.

Some conferences would actually just declare co-champions in this situation. Which I don't particularly like but would probably prefer instead of just having the districts playoff game count as both.

Goodluck with whatever happens; both these teams play quality softball.

I didn't realize Mo Valley still had a game with Glendale tonight. I imagine Mo Valley won but you do never know especially with backyard rivals--Glendale lost in extra innings earlier this year, something like 10-8. A Glendale upset would make all of this mute. Also, Mo Valley has to win their first-round districts game with BG to get to the quaterfinal game with Southern Huntingdon on Friday but they should get that W.
SoftballRocket6
Freshman
Freshman

Mo Valley did beat Glendale last night so look for a game on Friday for the title. Yesterday I said possibly Meyersdale I correct myself it is Milesburg...Meyersdale, Milesburg...sounds the same. Anyway the game is supposed to be played on the same field that Bald Eagle Area plays on. When they said we would have to play on a neutral field we did not know we would have to be on bus for 2 hours to get there while Mo Valley travels for 20 minutes...hmm, kinda gets you thinking. Why wouldn't they just pick a field somewhere inbetween?? I'm sure there are dozens of softball field in between Mo Valley and Southern Huntingdon schools... Thats okay we'll play them anywhere.

So whoever is in the area at the time and you're bored come to the game in Milesburg and I guarantee you a good game. But if you miss that one, come to Southern Huntingdon High School on Monday to see another great game against 2 good teams (that is if Mo Valley wins against BG). I'll try to keep you guys posted.
SoftballRocket6
Freshman
Freshman

Southern Huntingdon won their game Saturday for the MAC Championship (it was rained out Friday). They also won their game yesterday (it was rained out Monday) against Moshannon Valley. We now must win against Northern Cambria to be in the District 6 finals and go on to states. Our record stands at 18-3.