Westy Goalkeepers

Goooooooaaaaaaaalllllllllll
ramsalum73
Freshman
Freshman

Westy Goalkeepers

Post by ramsalum73 »

I went to westy's past two games(against richland and mccort) and i am a bit puzzled as to why the starting goaltender is the starter. The goalie that comes in during the second half seems to play better to me. Sorry about not using any names but i am unsure of their names. Maybe someone can help me with that. These past two games were the first westmont ones i got to see this year and i was impressed that only one goal was given up, but it seemed to me that the team played better during the second half of both games. The saves during the second halves also were more impressive in my mind than those made in the first half. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me on this. Maybe i could get some more peoples opinions on this subject.
fsc27
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Westy Goalkeepers

Post by fsc27 »

the first half keeper is brad schroeder, the second half keeper is aaron stonecypher
Ctsoccer8Dylan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ctsoccer8Dylan »

ya stonecypher is way better, but from knowledge, "In westmont its not how good you are its who you are"
puzzled123
Freshman
Freshman

Post by puzzled123 »

I am a Westmont Alumni (many years now). It is sad to say, but that is exactly what seems to be going on. I went to Westmont and I am not proud of the fact that what really matters is "who you are"! To come back and watch the team now is dissapointing because the best players are not getting their chance to have what they deserve. Westmont is a school of politics and it really comes out on the sports fields. As for the goalie situation, I have seen the back up goalie play in previous years as well as travel soccer and I must say, he is quite impressive. The starting goalie isn't bad, but when do you finally quit worrying about hurting peoples feelings/ making parents happy, and just put the best players on the field. I played in college and at that level, the best players play! I believe that high school sports should be the same. I hope that in years to come, Westmont changes their attitude and shows what they are really made of.
Brown152521
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Brown152521 »

i agree..
but question.

are you Jeremy stonecypher? lol
level7hunter
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by level7hunter »

Westmont soccer has gone to the dogs since its glory days under Marc Drummey. The new coach plays senoriety over skill and that is wrong and has reflected on their record and most likely exit in the early rounds of the playoffs. They have no team effort and fights break out often at practice most of the time over trivial issues and until a good coach graces westmont with their presence these issues will keep them from being a true winning team.
fsc27
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fsc27 »

westmont could use a good coach, from the games i watched they do not warm up very well and they lack discipline they have personnel to be a great team but they usually do not work well together
defenestration3
Freshman
Freshman

Post by defenestration3 »

they do not work together at all and play on one side the entire game, plus the coach has no idea what he is doing
level7hunter
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by level7hunter »

From what Ive heard and i go to Westmont and know several soccer players is that the new coach is a washed up old man who hasn't coached since his daughter AYSO years. Hes all about conditioning and none about soccer. What Westmont needs is a return to their glory days under Marc Drummey whos resignation shocked the community and left them searching for something to fill the hole he left in their hearts and minds.
ramsalum73
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ramsalum73 »

Ok well back to the goalkeepers issue. I went to westmonts playoff game against indian valley. I focused mainly on the goalkeepers for this game because i wanted to see if i was correct about the last game i went to. Indeed i think i am. The first half keeper did not make many saves, if any at all. I'm pretty sure there weren't any legit scoring chances on him. Also i noticed him screaming a lot, but none of what he yelled seemed to have anything to do with soccer. I don't know maybe it was just me. But the keeper in the second half impressed me. I saw at least 3 good scoring chances for valley that he turned away. One was even point blank! I really do not understand what the coach for westmont is doing by not having that keeper from the second half start. Also, i thought it was weird that westy's coach had all their players announced before the game. That would be fine with me if it were a regular season home game but this is the playoffs. I think their coach has an inflated ego of his team. Just some of my thoughts.