Obama's Abominations 2009-2012

Discuss all political matters here!
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Obama's Abominations 2009-2012

Post by southpaw »

once a runner wrote:
southpaw wrote:BTW...The Downfall of the economy started when Nancy and Harry took over Congress. Do they shoulder any blame for this mess? All Bush's fault right?
What could Nancy and Harry do without Bush's signature? It seems as if he dusted off his veto pad once the democrats took over the house and senate and finally learned how to use it. The democrats didn't have the votes to override his vetoes so the bottom line is everything went through his office.

Speaking of the Undie bomber, there was a similar situation under Bush...perhaps you remember the shoe bomber. The differences in the situation is that Obama reacted much quicker and ultimately took responsibility for it. He admitted mistakes were made. An admission of mistakes is not something we're used to from our president.
Amazing.. still blaming Bush. Is it just me or does Barry seem irritated to be bothered with this Nat'l Security Stuff? Really hurt his hawaiian golfing vacation. I'll bet he missed playing the back nine to take the call for the fruit of kaboom bomber.

OAR...did Harry and Nancy try to work with Bush? Did they try to end the partisan divide? Weren't they supposed to be the enlightened leaders in the so called "promised land" Congress? Weren't they supposed to end the corruption, earmarks, and backroom secret deals, along with Hope and Change Barry? Where has the TV coverage and time to view bills before voting for this Congress and Administration been? Keep blaming Bush... that's the only pathetic cry wolf card you have.
Last edited by southpaw on September 20th, 2011, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm your huckleberry"
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

once a runner wrote:
southpaw wrote:I demand the same pathetic few that criticized Bush and praised Obama has the savior last year to defend this disaster they put in the White House and Control of Congress.
As long as you are demanding I guess I better start defending! Actually you will find more posts by me where I stated that I am not happy with Obama's job performance so far than where I called him a savior. I'm fairly certain I never referred to him as a savior. I voted for him and I support him, but he's not doing the job that I thought he would when I voted for him.

Of course he has been in office for all of one year, so it's obviously time to throw him out. If only we had that same option with Reagan. Unemployment was all of 7.5% when he took office in Jan. of 1981 during that awful recession. A year later it was 8.6% and nearly a year after that unemployment hit 10.8%. Certainly a lot of job losses during your saviors first two years in office before the economy started to turn around. I also notice you didn't mention the 2.6 million jobs lost under Bush in 2008 alone. Rather remarkable since the economy didn't really start to fall apart until half way through the year. It must have been in Bush's Texas roots to do all things in a BIG way...including decimating the economy.
Reaganomics v. Obamanomics? Hmm..... Are you saying Barry should switch to supply side economics? Its obvious that what he's doing now is actually hurting the economy.
I hope Obama gets his act together and follows through with the initiatives in which he was elected. Of course if he doesn't, I hope I won't be stupid enough to vote for a failing president again.

Just what initiatives are you referring to specifically? Closing Gitmo and giving US constitutional civil rights to a bunch of thug terrorists is the only campaign promise I seen him keep. Can't believe that the liberal Hero FDR didn't do the same for the Nazis and Tojo's Henchman.
Last edited by southpaw on September 20th, 2011, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm your huckleberry"
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Check out the banner on the "pulpit" below the "holy trinity" of liberal sacrosanct evangelism.

"honest and open" gov't...kind of like "hope and change".

OAR what is honest and open about the current Congress and Administration? Please answer that without blaming Bush? Can any liberal put forth an intelligent and articulate argument without babbling about Bush?
"I'm your huckleberry"
once a runner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by once a runner »

Southpaw, there is nothing honest and open about keeping the health care behind closed doors. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing Harry Reid lose his seat. It might serve as a wake up call to the new leader. I expect republicans to gain ground, but I do think the democrats will ultimately keep control of the house and senate. At this point it doesn't really matter if the democrats have 60 seats because they aren't using that advantage anyway. I'm very frustrated with the democrats and can fully admit they are blowing a golden opportunity.

I have no problem with closing Gitmo. I'm confident that the U.S. has prisons that can successfully hold terrorists. There are terrorists in our prisons now including shoe bomber Richard Reid and the 20th hijacker (Moussaoui).

The initiatives I was talking about was a "real" health care reform bill, ending the wars in the middle east.

Did Harry and Nancy try to work with Bush? Did you see the number of filibusters during the last 2 years of Bush's term? If any bill got out of congress, it usually ended up with a veto stamp. You can't work with an unwilling partner. That's pretty obvious when the democrats initially asked the republicans for input only to have ALL of them vote against it. It seems the republican strategy is to attack and defeat everything so the democrats fail...and ultimately it affects all of us. How very American of them.

I guess I should apologize for bringing up Bush. It's obviously a sore spot for you. Of course if I had supported his policies and decisions it would be a sore spot for me as well.
Last edited by once a runner on September 20th, 2011, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

What a difference a year makes. Barry was inaugurated a year to unprecedented celebration and optimism of "hope and change". Exactly one year later the bloom is off the rose, Obamanation is in full and open revolt. Of all things to go wrong for Barry losing a senate seat in Red China Massachusetts USA to an upstart, unknown pickup truck driving republican state senator has to spell unmitigated disaster for Barry, Harry, and Nancy. This WAS Teddy's seat! In the most liberal state in America! Nov. 2010 will be very interesting.
"I'm your huckleberry"
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Another old lion of the Democrat party passes while still hanging on in office. Teddy's Senate seat went to the GOP. Could Murtha's seat go to the GOP?
"I'm your huckleberry"
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Just like in Mass., with the "Kennedy" seat, here in Pa., the so-called "Murtha" seat, is the PEOPLE'S SEAT! It belongs to THE PEOPLE THAT VOTE, not the person that occupied it!!! Lets hope enough intelligent people realize that, and vote accordingly.
Last edited by Manfred on September 20th, 2011, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
It ain't over until it's over.
Goodwill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goodwill »

I really think the leader has out done himself this time with Obamacare. This is going to get ugly and I mean ugly.
Last edited by Goodwill on September 20th, 2011, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why?
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

And if Michele Obama gets involved, it could really, really, REALLY get ugly.
Last edited by El-Moldo on September 20th, 2011, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goodwill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goodwill »

She is already less than attractive.......oh you mean getting involved in Obamacare
Last edited by Goodwill on September 20th, 2011, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why?