Shippensburg Invitational

PIAA- Track and Field
liberty5
Freshman
Freshman

Shippensburg Invitational

Post by liberty5 »

Congrats to Bedford and Richland teams for placing in the top 10 in boys and girls. Bedford girls were 7th overall and the boys were 10th. Richland girls were 8th and the the boys were 5th.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Shippensburg Invitational

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Regarding Ship yesterday...How about Altoona's boys winning the AAA team title and running :41.94 in the 4x1 and 3:19 in the 4x4?
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

What impressed me was Robert Miclkas (Crestwood) time in the 3200 a 9:13. He had a 1:09 pace per 400

Anyone can run the 100 it takes a real athlete to run the 3200
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

9:13 is solid for HS...I saw Mike Connelley's 8:58 PA state record back in 1983...Now THAT was fast...He beats that kid by 80 yards...
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
wickedcrossover
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by wickedcrossover »

Kevin Hull was very solid winning the 1600 and the 800. Joe Beveridge won the tough double in AA with 4:22.? in the 1600 and 9:26.? in the 3200. I do agree though that Micikis' time was the most impressive this early in the season. He did run a 8:35.? in the 3000 in indoor this past season. The AAA 3200 should be a very interesting race at states this year.

Altoona's win in a big invitational is more impressive than winning states.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

I believe the Tyrone boys were 3rd
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Ctsoccer8Dylan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ctsoccer8Dylan »

idk if i read this correctly but for boys AA 800, the winning time was 2:06? thats kinda slow..
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Ingle was 2nd in the 800 at 2:01.8
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Altoona is gonna keep winning invite after invite if they don't get the injury bug.I'm curious to see how they do at penn relays this week.A lot of talent on that team!They will be pushed at the penn relays let's see how low they go there. Saw the elmer L meyers girl beat boyd and harris in the high jump, I was kinda surprised.The state championship will be interesting when you throw dunchak in there too.Thats at least 4 girls who have gone 5' 4" in the high jump in AA.The long jump on the ladies side was also state championship caliber 17' 11 ' winning and 17' 0"was like 5th. The AA girls will have there hands full this year in all the jumps! I see the seymor girls are coming into form too for CC ,some very respectable times from them too.
LionDad77
Junior
Junior

Post by LionDad77 »

Winning time for AA 800 boys was 2:01:58. Official results can be found on http://www.shipraiders.com under mens track on left then SU HS Invite on right.