Post by eaglehockeyx70 »

Well the brackets are set. So lets see what you guys think:

Richland (1)
Vs
Bishop McCort (4)

Cambria Heights (3)
Vs
Penns Valley (2)

Big Games??? Whos Gonna win the indivdual games and the District???
westmontkeeper14
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Playoffs for D6 "A"

Post by westmontkeeper14 »

Richland over Mccort
Heights over Valley

Richland over Valley for D6 champions

Also look for richland to make some noise in State play this year
hammercw
Freshman
Freshman

Post by hammercw »

Ok here is what i think the playoffs will play out. Richland and Cambria Heights move on and a close game that the Highlanders win to move on to states because when these two teams played early in the season Richland won 2-0 and Heights has improved greatly and when they played heights was coming off a three games in a week.
eaglehockeyx70
Freshman
Freshman

Post by eaglehockeyx70 »

Well, I'm not going to comment on my position on the Richland Mccort game. But I do have an opinion on it. It will be a very good game to say the least, and much better then whoever advances to the Final for sure.

As for the Heights game, if they can pull off a win against Penns Valley, dont know much about PV, thats as far as they will go. Whether they meet Richland or Mccort there will not be much of a game there, they are both leaps and bounds above Heights. Heights may be able to play well on their own tiny, crowned muddy mess of a field, but turf will be their downfall. Sorry but thats just how it is.

So the actual final game should be played tuesday night at the turf in Richland, be there it will be a very good game. :D
hammercw
Freshman
Freshman

Post by hammercw »

What are you saying :?: McCort lost to CH badly losing 3-1 and the only way that McCort scored was because CH put their entire JV team in there there is no way in heck that CH could lose to a weak McCort team. As for richland it would be a dog fight if CH and Richland met in the final. :x
eaglehockeyx70
Freshman
Freshman

Post by eaglehockeyx70 »

Well that game was terrible all together from what I hear. McCort played with richland and also beat somerset 3-0. Heights is a very unorganized team that just plays kickball. Thats the same they have always been, and only works on their absolutely terrible field. Anyway you look at it Richland and Mccort are the top teams in "a" by far and Heights isnt even considered in that. Sorry but heights may eventually be good if they are a young team and could find a decent coach. As for this year dont be looking very far. I give it to them they try real hard but just dont have it. You can talk up your team as much as you want but facts are facts. Maybe Mccort didnt want to lose their players against a subpar, half dirty team the last game before playoffs as well. So a end of the season loss doesnt always mean much, I dont know what their case was though for the loss.
jtfan48
Freshman
Freshman

Post by jtfan48 »

CH has a lot of potential in winning tomorrow. I'll be there rooting them on!
hammercw
Freshman
Freshman

Post by hammercw »

Alright listen up you ignorant person there is no way that McCort will win i have them getting blown out by Richland. Dont bad mouth the Heights coaching staff and there players there new coach has a young coaching staff and they are vastly improved over last year. And why do you say they play kickball??? They play directly against the defense shoving the ball down there throats as they win and listen Heights isnt dirty McCort started that entire physical play and Heights just obliged them into it if a team wants to play physical against Heights they are going to have a fun time trying to. SO JUST SIT THERE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOW HEIGHTS PLAY. P.S. the guy who said go Heights thank you at least someone knows something about the new Heights soccer.
eaglehockeyx70
Freshman
Freshman

Post by eaglehockeyx70 »

hammercw wrote: They play directly against the defense shoving the ball down there throats as they win
Obviously you dont have a clue what real soccer is. The terminology "kickball" means you just pound it down the field and hope you can get to it before the other team. Let me know the last time you saw any national team do that. As for what you stated Heights does, it doesnt even make sense for any sport really. Soccer is a possession game its about hooking together lots of passes and beating a team on the field.
hammercw wrote:listen Heights isnt dirty McCort started that entire physical play and Heights just obliged them into it if a team wants to play physical against Heights they are going to have a fun time trying to
As for physical play, theres a difference between playing clean and physical and just playing physical. Shoulder to shoulder is good soccer. Everything else is just considered dirty, and being that heights doesnt have the skill level to know the difference, they belong here.
hammercw wrote:SO JUST SIT THERE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOW HEIGHTS PLAY.
And your wrong, I know a whole heck of a lot about how a majority of the teams around the area play. It has nothing to do with the coaching, they can only do so much. When you have a team that is less then good playing a good team, they just get out of hand no matter what.

Well we will see how things play out in the next few days, hopefully heights will even make it past the first round so someone(Richland or McCort) can put them in their place.
goalieman007
Freshman
Freshman

Post by goalieman007 »

I am going to have to say Richland over Mccort, although i have seen both teams play and Mccort has improved greatly they just cant seem to match up well with Richland. Mccort is still a young team and i look for them to become better as the years go on, they have a very strong coaching staff, but as for this year and now i am going to have to take Richland tonite 3-0

I am also going with Penns Valley over Heights, which already happened last nite with Valley winning 2-1. Heights does have a pretty good squad this year but they seem to only play well on their awful small muddy feild, when it comes to playing on a large regulation size turf feild i just cant see them playing well, Penns valley however is a good team the returned many starters from last year district 6 runner up team.

In my final however i have Richland repeating as District 6 "a" champions 2-0 over penns valley. I believe Valley will put up a good fight but the Rams just have to much talent overall on the feild. Should be a great game though. Goodluck to everyone still remaining in the playoffs.