Slippery Rock Indoor Meet...

PIAA- Track and Field
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by brlnsoccerchick19 »

Yeah, and I think they have the 4x200 in WVa, too, because they don't have triple jump. I'm not positive on that, but I think that's how it is. The only time we ever run the 4x200 up here is during our Conference Relay meet. I do like that relay, though...the team we ran at the Relay meet set a new meet record and beat the next closest team by like 6 or 7 seconds. That and I like my pretty blue ribbon. lol

I know what you mean about being burned out. The last couple of meets of my sophomore year I ran the 400, 800 into the 200, and the 4x400. That was rough except for the time I ran that combination of events at Meyersdale. I managed firsts in the 400, 800, and anchored the winning 4x400, and pulled in a second place in the 200. Stupid Meredith Troutman had to go and ruin my QuadWin day. lol
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Sounds like

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Sounds like you're good runners.

Hey, once in high school (I ran at Penn Cambria in the mid-80s) I did this in a dual meet on a cinder track:

1600m-Won in 4:50

1/2 hr rest

800m-Won in 2:05

20 min rest

3200m-Won in 10:40

5 min rest

Anchored 1600m Relay-Ran :54 split in come-from-behind win

The 400/800 double is the hardest double in track. It's tough in dual meets because you have little rest, and it's tough in invitationals because you have to run 100% all out in both. As a soph in hs, I often ran the 400, then rested for 5 min or less, anchored the 4x100, then ran the open 800m, then anchored the 4x4.

Here's another crazy thing I did...I ran the 800m one dual meet and won it in 2:05 (which was not 100% effort for me). Then, I ran the 200m (which is the very next event, so I had maybe 3-4 minutes rest) and won that in like 23.8.

Want more? Once I ran the 1600m in a dual meet and won it in like 4:55 (I got a big lead and jogged the last 200m)...Then, I came back and won the 400m, which is the next event, so I had NO REST in :52.5. To top it off, I won the 800m that day, and anchored the 1600m relay to victory.

The most insane thing I did? At the West Central Coaches Meet when I was a senior, I anchored the 4x100, then came back and won the AA 800m in around 1:59. Then, 2 events later (maybe 30-40 minutes rest), I won the 3200m in 10:10. With 15 minutes rest, I anchored the 4x4 to a 3rd place finish in :51 and change. If I would have had another 15 meters, I would have caught 1st and 2nd place.

Aaaah, yes, those were the days---When I was 5-7 tall and 125 lbs--Too bad I am old and fat now, haha.

WT
JDB12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by JDB12 »

Geeeeeeeez.

You want to hear my super hard events last year? :P

I'd start my day out with run throughs for long jump, then I'd run over and run the 100m dash. Then, I'd come back over and do all three long jumps. By that time, it was was time to run the big 4x100 relay. And finally, I'd finish my day with the triple jump! Now tell me that isn't tough... hehehe
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

I'm not sure I could handle all of that! Just how do you do it?! :lol:
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

for home meets i had to run on the track after every heat, get the runners name and thier times, figure out places, write down the scores, and figure out places for the field events when the other coaches brought the papers over...u wanna talk about difficult!!!
STRAIGHT
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

That's why I do stats for basketball....I get to sit in a nice seat and I don't have to run around to get stuff done. And that's why I run track...its easier to just run than to keep score. lol
gottaluvit
Freshman
Freshman

Post by gottaluvit »

brlnsoccerchick19,
first off you need a shorter screen name...lol, just kidding :cheesy:
actually i was wondering if when they put in the new "stadium" if they set up anything for you guys in track? will you guys get to pole vault this year? i know it's expensive. i talked to corey and he said it was hard to get the money for that stuff. i haven't seen him since last track season so i dont know how things went for you guys in track. if you don't have a pole vault pit, can you arrange something with meyersdale or rockwood to practice it? just curious. if you can and you have a choice i would take the pit at meyersdale, it's new and much safer than rockwoods. that is unless rockwood got a new one since last year. btw gl this year in track. best wishes for a state medal.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

just refer to her as "chick" its alot easier than saying brlnsoccerchick19 :lol:
STRAIGHT
brlnsoccerchick19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Eh, just call me the Chick. Thats what Gunner and Cappy call me. :cheesy: Yeah, I think were going to be allowed to polevault this year. Mr. Will put in a request to the school board to let us do it and if everything goes as planned, there are going to be like 2 or 3 freshmen girls that are going to learn how to over at Somerset. And NO....when they put in our stadium, they totally blew off the track team and didn't put in anything for us. In only our second year of existance last year, the girls team more than reversed their dual meet record ending with something like an 11-4 record, placed well as a team at many invitationals, had several girls place high or even win events at big meets like the Shippensburg Invite and the West Central Coaches Meet. We even had five girls go to States, but no. They act like we don't even exist.
gottaluvit
Freshman
Freshman

Post by gottaluvit »

that really sucks. you guys improved 100% since you first started. i think it has to do with the fact that they really dont make any money off track, not how well you guys are doing. keep up the good work and maybe they will start paying a little more attention to you guys, atleast i hope so..poles are a little expensive for pole vaulting, but affordable. maybe you guys can raise the funds on your own. the problem with pole vaulting is poles have a weight limit, just like wrestling. so you have to have different poles unless everyone is close to the same weight.
and i agree about that track at northern, md. it really sucked and they had no pole vaulting as wel as jav. they said southern has both but northern didn't cuz people had been hurt. hopefully they will compete up here this year.