Best game in recent history

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
flipper10
Freshman
Freshman

Best game in recent history

Post by flipper10 »

Just wanted to see what everyone thought was the best high school football game in recent history.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

Bedford hosting Bellwood in the Semis of 2000
STRAIGHT
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

I would have to agree with Gunner...one of the most exciting HS games ever.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
bison1
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by bison1 »

It was a great game...just a shame it was officiated so poorly!
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

I was there also Bedford and Bellwood. Don't know if anyone remembers a HUGE call against the Bisons in that game. Bellwood used there fullback on a flat pattern allot that year and bedford was called for Holding. Called against a linebacker holding up the fullback. What a horrible call that kept a drive going and i think it was fourth and 9 or so
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

dont forget the 4th and 30 something on the final play cuz of multiple flags...
STRAIGHT
Boilerman
Sophomore
Sophomore

Mo Valley @ NBC

Post by Boilerman »

May not be the most recent game, but NB/Mo Valley '95 was a great one.
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

Wasn't Mo Valley ranked in the state at that time and were undefeated ?? I remember being at that game but I was too young to remember much.
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
Boilerman
Sophomore
Sophomore

Mo Valley @ NB

Post by Boilerman »

Roadie,

Mo Valley was probably Honorable Mention in the state at that time.

From what I can remember, Mo Valley was 5-0 coming into that game having shut out 4 of their 5 opponents. NB was 4-1, with a 4 game winning streak after an opening day loss to Everett.

Mo Valley scored the only points of the first half to lead 7-0. NB was able to penetrate the end zone in the third quarter, but missed the extra point to make the score 7-6. Near the end of the fourth quarter, NB punter Lucas Miller pinned Mo at the 1 yard line. NB held the Knights to a three and out and got good field position after the punt at the Knight 35 or 40. Three plays later, NB hit paydirt with an 11 yard sweep around the right end for a 12-7 lead with just over a minute to play. Josh Martin sealed the victory with an interception.

The atmosphere was electric and the intensity of the game increased as the game progressed. A lot of hitting and a lot of barking on the field. Mo Valley fans even came down to Roaring Spring and tailgated before the game in the parking lot, which I had never seen before there. When NB scored the final touchdown with over a minute left, the roof blew off the Roaring Spring Athletic Field (if it had a roof). I couldn't hear anything because the noise was so loud.

Great win for NB, tough loss for Mo Valley, but a great game for all to see.

Boiler Up!
Boiler OUT!
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Bedford vs. Bellwood was incredible. The Blue Devils were physically beaten after the game according to Coach Hayes helping Tyrone on to another District title.