Best game in recent history

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CDragon
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Best game in recent history

Post by CDragon »

flipper10 wrote:Just wanted to see what everyone thought was the best high school football game in recent history.

I would have to say the State Championship game that involved C.B. West a few years back,,,,was a classic
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Bedford might have beaten up Bellwood but it didn't matter because Tyrone would have handled either team that year.

I think that the best Bedford v. Bellwood game was in 1988. Ended up like 36-34. Great game lots of offense and both teams came in undefeated I think.
"I'm your huckleberry"
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

i would have to go with the 2000 bellwood/bedford game also...the entire game was filled with big plays and there was definitely electricity in the air...

i was at the nbc/mo valley game that boilerman mention, but like roadie, i was too young to really remember...heck me and roadie were probably playing football in the endzone or something during the game lol...

the best game i myself ever played in was my senior year against mo valley...both of us entered the game 6-0 and honorable mention in the state rankings...we had the ball on the 2 yard line, down 14-6 with time running out and the knights forced a fumble that clinched the win for them...
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

i remember for the bedford bellwood game they had to bring the bleachers from the soccer field and baseball field up to the stadium to help accomodate all the people....quite possibly the largest crowed ever there, except mayb a matchup or two w/ forest hills
STRAIGHT
theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theoneandonly »

I'll agree with the Bedford and Bellwood game... what a classic match up. I know that in the end zones ppl were standing 3-5 deep.... I've been going to Bedford games for as long as I can remember and I've never seen it close that full.
FHWRESTLINGCOACH
Senior
Senior

Post by FHWRESTLINGCOACH »

We lost to Mount Carmel 20-14 in double O.T. in '94. State Championship game--one for the ages!!!!
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

The Pine-Richland/Manheim Central Game for the AAA title this year has to be one of the best High school games ever played.To me a close second was Tyrones' 13-6 win over Mount Carmel in '99.
And the best game I ever played in was pretty good too,then #10 in AAA Tyrone over #2 in AAA BEA 21-20 in'87.Won the big 8 that night,total offense was BEA 400+,AND Tyrone 212(Scott Hoover had 187),Hoover scored 2 tds on kick returns with no time on the clock,One at the end of the half and one at the end of the game;BEA had scored to take the lead 20-14 with :06 seconds left,and for some unknown reason,Stoker(IV's coach now) kicked it deep.89 yards later I heard our band playing our fight song from their bus in the parking lot.It was awesome!
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

I don't remember what year it was, but it was 5 - 6 years ago. United beat Laurel Valley in Triple Overtime. It was one for the ages between the old rivals. This is one of those games that you truly felt that it was a shame that anyone had to lose.
4him
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 4him »

"7-6, shoulda kicked"....if you were there you know what I am talking about. Boy was that an exciting game!
The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, "The Lord is with you oh valiant warrior." Judges 6:12
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

im w/ u 4him, always kick! unless ur down by 2, KICK THE BALL!!! Bedford would have tied bishop carrol in 2002 if they woulda kicked instead of going for two, but instead they lost 14-12!
STRAIGHT