Best game in recent history

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

If memory serves me correctly, the score was 13-12 gunner.

I remember the Bedford Bellwood game, and all i can say is wow. So much offense and defense in that game at the same time. The two teams traded touchdowns in the first half and then the second half got really wild. There were so many people there. 3 to 5 deep is not unusual at a bedford game, but this was 3 to 5 the whole way around the whole field, absolutely no walking room at all. To bad the game ended on a sour note.
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

CC vs. Sharon '95 Western Semi's, Randy McKavish led his boys to a AAA district championship only to come up short 2 games later to Sharon. A questionable call at the end to go for 2 lost them the game if I remember right.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

ur right ham! my mistake, bedford would have WON the game if only they would kick the frigin ball!!!!
STRAIGHT
flipper10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by flipper10 »

I played in the Bedford -Bellwood game in 2000 and it was unbelievable. So many people and the game was back and forth the whole time. We also played in another huge game earlier in the season up at Penn Cambria. We were both 3-0 at the time and we scored twice in the fourth to win 20-15.
nobody
Freshman
Freshman

Post by nobody »

In 1995, Bedford vs. Everett for the District 5 Championship. Everett was killing them most of the game and Bedford scored with less then 30 seconds to play to win 28-27! Great game!
Bdfrd335
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Bdfrd335 »

Ham your right the score was 13-12 and if I remember right... the weather and the field were in no condition to even try to kick an extra point. Also if i recal Bedford was winning until the last 54 seconds in the game, when crookshank managed to get 11 plays off with no time outs. And finally connected with a desperation toss to a uncovered reciever, becuase the freshman covering him "fell" down. The game then ended with a hail mary attempt by Troy to Chad... All that said, the Bellwood-Bedford game was insane... terrible officials, not that we ever get good ones, but they were exceptionaly poor. Kinda funny with the coach on the roof to start the next season too...
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

umm the weather and the field were in the best condition it had been in in probably 2 years. It was a clear September evening and had not rained in like a month. Its just that there was very little confidence in the attempt, not just the kicker, but the line up front in getting their assignments right in blocking the defenses attempt to get to the kick. It was the CC game later in the year that the weather was terrible.
Bdfrd335
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Bdfrd335 »

Its hard to tell when BC is too cheap to have their own field.... one would think when you spend $1,000,000 + on players you could afford a field.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

NBC vs. Con. (Twp or Val, can't remember) played in a barnburner at Mansion Park. NB lost on a missed xtra point!
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
BleacherBump
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by BleacherBump »

it was con. valley..... and was it at mansion or CR? i can't rem. i was young, but this year's Dan Foor Classic is an instant classic on ESPN
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucious