nicest stadiums/fields in the county

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
qb14
Freshman
Freshman

nicest stadiums/fields in the county

Post by qb14 »

who do u think has the nicest field around our area??
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

mansion park is nice for seating and lights, trojan stadium (jtown high) has a nice fieldturf surface and nice lights & sound. portage has a nice grass field and awesome stone work (not too fond of urinating in the troughs tho!). tyrones place is pretty sharp as well. hersheypark stadium is also quite nice with lots of space on the sidelines and a synthetic surface and very large capacity seating. but its kinda dark, and the parking is pretty confusing. westmont has to have one of the worst stadiums around, the whole setup basically sucks. and no lights? thats rediculuos, i know the reason they dont have lights is because the stadium is in a residential district and the people dont want all that commotion on friday nite, but still, the richest town in districts 5 and 6 and they have possibly the worst stadium! personally i like bedfords field, good lights, great grass, the locker rooms are closer to the field than almost any stadium ive been to, but the main reason ED! if u know bedford, then u know ED! :lol:
i would have put NBC's new home on there, but the track just takes alot away from a game, honestly who wants a front row seat thats 20 yards from the field? i know mansion park and trojan stadium both have tracks, but they make it work and PCS just doesnt do that. and for best atmosphere, the award goes to GH Miller Stadium at Forest Hills, all that G&G, the guy w/ the bonfire, the absolutely hideous lights, The Ranger, the concesion stand, the close ness to the field of the bleachers, just the whole atmosphere makes for a great place to watch a football game
STRAIGHT
CTtrackster
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CTtrackster »

CTs field right now is terrible, but after it gets done..(they're working on it right now) If could be awesome
Argg, Pirates.

abee

[marq=left]IUP Marching Band[/marq]
qb14
Freshman
Freshman

Post by qb14 »

personally i like my home field panther community stadium...but i also like mansion park and forst hills stadium...i will have to agree with u on those two gunner18...
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

most people probably hate Forest Hills' field, and i cant really blame them...its a swamp and the lights are pretty scary, but that just gives it even more character, the whole atmostphere up there is just great, i cant think of a better place to watch a football game to be honest
STRAIGHT
ham55
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ham55 »

I dont think the Rangers field is ever dry, its always a swamp and it smells like fresh manure. But gunner is definately right, you hate going up their to play, cuz its such an intimidating place to go, the fans are crazy about football up there. Nothing like walking out to get warmed up and their being what seems like 200 7th-9th grade football players all talking trash the whole time your walking out. What a great place for football in western PA.
EHSGoalie
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by EHSGoalie »

NBC's stadium is very nice and its also nice to see them finally have a field of their own. Im sure alot of the football players that graduated last year wished they could play on that field. Playing on someone elses field and playing on your own...way 2 different feelings. And the kids that got to play on it this year for the first game against Ridge...I hope they appreciated it and really took the full effect in because right there is Bedford County history.
*RIP Wade Sim Grimes*

Lets go Eagles!!
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Chestnut Ridge is a nice play to play for several reasons. The main one being that you are going to win unless it is jr. high.
4him
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 4him »

I'm a fan of Portage's stone bleachers/tunnels.
The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, "The Lord is with you oh valiant warrior." Judges 6:12
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

im surprised wpial~titan has been on to talk up the stadiums in the 'burgh area, tho they are quite nice from what ive seen and heard. i heard the one has a pressbox that requires an elevator to get to and the school provides an all u can eat buffet with a TON of food for anyone in the box..ANYONE even joe shmoe!
STRAIGHT