nicest stadiums/fields in the county

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

Are you talking of the constant stink from the paper mill Roadie?
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

I LOVED that field as well. Those pine trees made it seem really awesome....I grew up going to watch games there and couldn't wait my turn. It was awesome because it was something different. It was special in a way because we had to take out bus there and ride in silence to the field. It is one of those things you had to experience I guess...
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
CHSfootball31
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CHSfootball31 »

I know what you're talking about. I loved goin to that field every friday night, and couldn't wait until i was out there. This year was my sophmore year, and i was on the kickoff team vs. McCort and that opening kickoff was a great moment for me.

And sports, you cant diss that the beautiful aroma from the paper mill
HOLLYWOOD
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by HOLLYWOOD »

I agree that the home of Dragons is a special place to play and has a nice setting for fall football. I couldn't wait to play there myself just like coach said!!
qb14
Freshman
Freshman

Post by qb14 »

i never got to play on the central field but i remember goin to it and watching the varsity play a couple years back and i thought it was the most awsome thing i ever seen until our home field came now it is the best no matter what anyone says...
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

thats just ur opinion, i can garauntee u other people will say NBC's new place isnt the best. myself included. but i will agree that is a very nice stadium as is central's field, the only qualm i had w/ the place was the old wooden bleachers that small children could fall through and perish in! but the field seemed to be very good and had a nice atmosphere, the best part was arriving 2 minutes after kickoff and parking 20 ft from the gate :lol:
STRAIGHT
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

I remember playing out there my senior year and the fire alarm went off that's right by the field...it was deafening. And no, not the paper mill smell sports999, haha. I was referring to the smell of the grass, the smell of the food...it's like coach said, just something you had to experience to know what it was like to play out there and have it as your home field.
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
4him
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 4him »

I overheard a conversation about Pine-Richland's stadium this evening...a grad of the school said that the stadium cost 12.4 mil.
The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, "The Lord is with you oh valiant warrior." Judges 6:12
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

What's the deal with NBC's new field...heard that the something is wrong with the track.
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

The track is too long by like 3m.

I played on Roaring Spring field. The only thing nice about was the surface that was superior to anything else back then. The locker rooms were small and cramped (kinda like Turkeyfoot!) and smelled like mildew.
As far as the smell of food- hot dogs and french fries smell the same everywhere- but the paper mill rotten cabbage smell could be overpowering. Heck I live in New Paris and can smell it if the wind is blowing right!
"I'm your huckleberry"