nicest stadiums/fields in the county

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Sorry bam-bam, thought this was a rehash of an hold topic. Bam I think you were on the only bison team not to beat Ridge right?

Ridge's field has been a disaster from the beginning 20 years ago! The field is the worst surface to play on including the "Quagmire" at FH. At least FH is flat where as Ridge's field looks like a topo map of the rolling hills of Nebraska!

old school: It figures that "hunky high" had someone else build their stadium for them because they were either too lazy or not smart enough to do it themselves. But I'll bet the CCC ate good while they were building it!
"I'm your huckleberry"
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

come on southy, you're raining on my parade !! We traditionally don't have huge numbers on our team so the locker room seemed to provide plenty of space.
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

How can you love playing in a place that smell like the reception hall the day after a polish wedding?
"I'm your huckleberry"
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

Where else would I have loved playing ?? The practice field behind NB highschool ?! And to be honest, I don't ever remember that sweet smell when we played out there. Now the worst place I have ever played had to be Mo Valley. The field was hard with little grass, the trip took forever, and you showered on wooden crates.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Mo was pretty bad but ole Turkeyfoot was pretty close especially when the train came through!
"I'm your huckleberry"
Boilerman
Sophomore
Sophomore

Best/Worst Fields Played On

Post by Boilerman »

Best Fields:

1. Windber Stadium. It seemed very fast, but it was strange because you felt like you were playing without any fans because they were so far away due to the race track around the field.

2. West Branch. The only reason I say West Branch is because we played in a downpour and the field really drained well and stayed in good shape the entire night.

Bad Fields:

1. Glendale. The grass was so high you wanted to make hay.

2. Mo Valley. Just seemed like you might be abducted if you were to go into the one endzone alone.

Probably some others good and bad if I were to think about it.

Just my opinion from my experience.

Boiler Up!
Boiler OUT!
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

how bout the old jtwon votech field...now there was a gem! :lol:
STRAIGHT
Spirit
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Spirit »

Omigod that place was so terrible. I about killed myself cheering on the track around it my sophomore year cause the thing was so uneven. Plus, I was afraid the bleachers would collapse and kill all of our fans. But the littl' bridge thing you had to cross was kinda neat..
Sp0rty8316
Sophomore
Sophomore

HAHA

Post by Sp0rty8316 »

CLAYSBURG.....................
Obsessed is the word, lazy people use for the dedicated.....
Volleyball Rules
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

Claysburgs was interesting because you'd be running along, playing the game, and POOF...a big dust bowl would engulf the team if you got over to the visitors side of the field where the baseball infield comes onto the football field. Not exactly a pleasant experience...